Drop Off , Pick Up & Parking
Morning Drop Off
Students may only be dropped off in the right lane of the car loop on the sidewalk immediately in front of the school. Do not drop students off in the left lane of the car loop or the parking lot. Please pull all the way forward to the car in front of you before letting them out of the car. Students can NOT be on campus or out of their vehicles until 7:30 A.M. sharp.
Afternoon Pick Up
When arriving for pickup, please follow the Palm Bay City’s parent loop route and rules for our school. Be sure to have the car tag hanging from your rearview mirror to help keep the line moving quickly. Once your child is safely in your vehicle, take the car tag down so the person directing traffic knows you are set to go.
There is no parking in the left lane of the car loop from 8:00 A.M.-2:20 P.M. (8:00 A.M.-1:15 P.M. early release days). This lane must be kept clear for emergency vehicles and early checkout. Parking is available in both the front and side parking lots. No parking in the bus loop lanes as this is for buses, daycare, and deliveries only.
Early student checkout ends at 2:00 P.M. (12:45P.M. early release days)
CHANGES IN TRANSPORTATION
Changing the way your child goes home (bus, car, walk, McAuliffe's after-school care or other daycare), MUST be done in writing, in advance for each child. In accordance with the Jessica Lunsford Act - Florida State Statute 1012.468, we cannot relay telephone messages, text messages, emails, etc. to students regarding a change to their afternoon dismissal procedures.
If the regular method of leaving school needs to be changed, the legal parent/guardian must send a signed, dated note to the child's teacher. Only a written statement signed by the legal parent/guardian can be accepted as valid instructions with this information:
• Child’s first & last name
• Teacher’s name
• Date(s) the change will be in effect (single day, week, rest of the year)
• Parent/Legal guardian’s first & last name PRINTED
• Parent/Legal guardian’s signature
• Date of the note
• Date or dates the change is for (one day, the week, the rest of the year)
• If someone other than the parent/guardian is picking up, they MUST be listed on the registration form PRIOR to dismissal. This person must be a legal adult and present a valid photo ID. The first and last name of this person must be indicated on the dismissal change note.