Preparing tomorrow's leaders today.
Every student. Every day. Every minute matters.
What is PBIS?
PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support) is a problem-solving approach used to address behavior of all students. It aims to build effective environments in which positive behavior is more effective than problem behavior. Emphasis is placed on the use of preventative, teaching, and reinforcement-based strategies to achieve meaningful and durable behavior.
What does PBIS look like at Cambridge?
Cambridge became a PBIS school in 2009 and was selected as a PBIS Silver Level Model School in 2010. Our goal is to teach students those behaviors that will have a positive impact on their academics and social lives. The following are our school-wide expectations:
- Active Learner
- Prepared and Responsible
To learn more about the PBIS project, please visit http://flpbs.fmhi.usf.edu/
PBIS Coach- Matthew Dugan
2000 Cambridge Drive
Cocoa, Florida 32922
Phone (321) 633-3550
Fax# (321) 877-0961
- The front office will be open from 7:30 AM till 3:30 PM
- Instructional time begins at 8:00. If your student is not in class by 8:00, they are considered tardy and an adult “must” come into the front office to sign them in.
- Early Check Out ends at 2:00. If your student needs to be checked out early, please make arrangements to be here before 2:45.
- If you are changing your child’s dismissal (from car rider to walker) for a day, please write a note in the planner for the teacher. We cannot take changes over the phone. If it is a permanent change, please come in to the office to make the change.
- Picking up a Car Rider? You must have a car tag with the student’s last name and grade. We give these out at registration or when you come in anytime to the office.
- Forgot the car tag, just bring your ID and come to the front office. You must be on the student’s pick up list and have ID to pick up a student. This is for the safety of our children!