Brevard Public Schools is the 49th largest district in the U.S. and the 10th largest district in Florida. As the largest employer in Brevard County, BPS employs approximately 9,300 staff members serving over 73,000 students annually. With 83 schools, 10 special centers, and 12 charter schools, the district educates its students in 17 different municipalities across the Space Coast. Brevard Public School's goal is to serve our community and enhance students' lives by delivering the highest quality education in a culture of dedication, collaboration and learning.
Brevard Public Schools will serve our community and enhance students' lives by delivering the highest quality education in a culture of dedication, collaboration, & learning.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
To serve every student with excellence as the standard.
OUR OPERATIONAL BELIEFS
- We must have a passionate commitment to high standards and student success.
- We must have a professional teaching culture marked by shared purpose, collaboration, innovative spirit, and continual learning.
- We must revere data that provide feedback to students, inform programmatic and instructional decisions, and support focused intervention efforts.
- We must build relationships among adults and students - anchored in caring and trust and fueled by the mission to student success.
- We must commit to a relentless pursuit of teaching methodologies that foster student engagement, critical thinking, self-efficacy, and content mastery.
- We must let compassion, conviction, and intense dedication to the mission of teaching and learning stand as the trademark of our work.
- We must have a zero tolerance for destructive negativism.
- We must constantly connect people to the nobility of our mission.