Welcome to MINUTEMEN Athletics!
Coach Ted Kimmey - Athletic Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Brooke Davis - Middle School Athletic Director - email@example.com
**Please use our Coach Contact List to find out information on practice-game schedules & locations, try outs and pertinent team information!
Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School Athletics
The mission of the Cocoa Beach High School Athletic Department is to graduate student-athletes with the tools to be successful in college, careers, and life by providing quality athletic programs and experiences to complement a rigorous academic program. By competing at a high level of interscholastic competition in the Cape Coast Conference and FHSAA, student-athletes will learn the values of sportsmanship, integrity, pride, and sacrifice.
Here at Cocoa Beach High School, we see athletics as an extension of the classroom. When students participate in athletics, they learn to develop sportsmanship, motivation, self-discipline, loyalty, self-confidence, leadership, and a positive attitude; all of which translate to educational and life success. In representing our school, our student-athletes come to understand the importance of being a good role model and citizen by holding themselves to a high standard in academics and behavior. We believe that a quality athletic program based on character, courage, and integrity will result in high levels of community and school pride as evidenced by increased levels of participation, fan attendance, and community support.
Athletic Department Goals
- Encourage student-athletes to do their personal best at everything they do.
- Reward academic success.
- Recognize the athletic and academic achievements of student-athletes.
- Hire and retain a coaching staff of high moral character to serve as role models for student-athletes.
- Educate student-athletes, parents, and fans on the values of good sportsmanship, school pride, and good citizenship.
- Promote the teaching of positive life skills such as motivation, self-discipline, loyalty, self-confidence, and positive attitude.
- Provide student-athletes with opportunities to develop and enhance leadership skills.
At Cocoa Beach, the welfare of the student-athlete is at the center of everything we do in the Athletic Department. Coaches will plan practices and facilitate contests in a way that will teach positive life skills. We will reach out to the parents and community to educate them on our mission, philosophy and goals. Academic and athletic successes will be celebrated.
Sports Event Cancellations
8/29 - Swim & Dive Meet vs MI has been postponed. (Cocoa Beach Aquatic Center Decision in Prep for Hurricane Idalia)
8/30 - Volleyball vs Edgewood has been postponed due to BPS closure.
8/31 - Girls Golf vs W Shore & Space Coast due to Weather.
9/7 - JV Football vs Windemere Prep due to Roster Issues w/ Opposing Team.
**We will make every effort to reschedule these events. Check back for more updates.
Need a physical and/or ECG?
Armstrong Chiropractic Taking Appointments for Pre-Participation Physicals
Follow the link below to schedule an appointment with Dr. Armstrong
**NOTE: Dr. Armstrong does not offer ECG on-site. If you need an ECG along with a physical, we recommend finding another option.
Rocket Health Care Offering ECG's for $11!They perform the EKGs in association with Who We Play For for only $11 to ensure accessibility for students going back to school. Also, this year they started back to school physicals for $65 that includes the EKG as well. Please see our flyer!
Interested in joining the Cocoa Beach Surf Team?
See the links below for more information.
Are you looking for a way to support Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School?
Here are some opportunities help us resurface our track:
Commemorative Bricks: The entryway to the track area will have a series of brick pavers. You can purchase a “brick” that will be placed in the entry way. This will be a way to help out the cause (and you don’t have to run…).
Here is a video about the bricks:
Here is the website to order bricks:
Thank You for Your Support!
I want to play...but what do I need?
All participants will need the following CLEARED through Athletic Clearance (www.athleticclearance.com) PRIOR to participating in any sport!
**There is information on local places to get your Physical and/or ECG on the main page below!
1. PHYSICAL (FHSAA EL2 Form) - Page 4 MUST BE signed, dated and checked "Medically Eligble." The top of Page 4 must be filled out completely. Physicals are good for 365 days.
2. BPS ECG FORM - MUST HAVE A FORM DATED AFTER 6/1 FOR EVERY SCHOOL YEAR! It is up to the parent to determine if they want an ECG every year. There are three options for each year with this form:
- If choosing to get an ECG, fill out the top of the form, check the "The following represents the findings" box, sign the bottom and have the Doctor fill out the middle box with the results.
- If there is one on file and you do not want another one just mark the "ON FILE" and "DECLINE" box - attach your previous results.
- If you want to opt out - mark the "DECLINE" box. The top of the form MUST BE fully filled out and parents MUST sign at the bottom.
3. A copy of your health insurance must be uploaded and typed into the profile as well. **Every participant must have health insurance. If you need insurance please visit this link: www.schoolinsuranceofflorida.com.
4. A copy of your auto insurance and the travel waiver must be uploaded as well.
5. The entire profile on Athletic Clearance must be completed including all signatures on the EL3 and assigned forms/waivers.
6. At least a 2.0 GPA, and any other relevant paperwork based on your eligibility.
CBHS Athletics has upgraded our system for clearing athletes for participation. All eligibility clearances for participation in sports will now be done online through AthleticClearance.com. Click on the link above for directions on the process of registering your athlete for sports at CBHS.