Welcome to Viera High School's Chapter of the National BETA Club!
Achievement | Character | Leadership | Service
Faculty Advisors: David Formanek and Elizabeth Chaille
**MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE HERE**
Our Application Process is NOW OPEN! Apply for Membership Today!!
For volunteer and service-learning projects outside BETA Club, please visit JustServe.org and VolunteerMatch.org.
National BETA Club is a service-learning organization, with an emphasis on developing strong leadership skills and a commitment to serve the community. Our motto is to Lead by Serving Others. Membership at Viera High School is open to all 9th - 12th grade students with a minimum 3.0 GPA (cumulative, unweighted). All eligible students are encouraged to apply when the application window opens in the Fall and Spring.
2023 - 2024 Officers
ISABELLA DESTEFANO, President
LEXI WOOD, Vice President--Activities
KAMOTO NAKAMOTO, Vice President--Membership
JUNO MOTOKI OLSEN, Secretary
SOPHIE TUTTLE, Historian
Member Requirements (summary)
- Must be enrolled at Viera High School (full-time); OR
- Dually enrolled at Viera High School and EFSC (dual enrollment or Early College program); AND
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 or higher GPA (cumulative, unweighted).
- NO detentions or referrals; AND
- Adhere to Viera High School Non-Negotiables; AND
- Brevard Public School's Student Code of Conduct; AND
- Act with honesty, integrity; AND
- Exhibit respect for self and others.
- Serve as Team Leader or Project Manager for at least one service project; OR
- Serve as an elected or appointed Club Officer; AND
- Attend at least four (4) General Membership meetings per semester.
- 20 hours per school year (August - May); OR
- 10 hours per semester. (August - December & January - May)
Hours Log Deadline (2023 - 2024)
- Class of 2024: Friday, May 3, 2024
- Class of 2026: Friday, May 10, 2024
- Class of 2026: Friday, May 17, 2024
- Class of 2027: Friday, May 24, 2024
Document all hours on your BETA Hours sheet and include them on the Bright Futures log. Turn in your time logs when due at the end of the school year. Mr. F only collects the BETA sheet; guidance will collect Bright Futures sheets. Be sure to keep copies of your records.
Officer/Leadership meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month.
General membership meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month.
Project and Committee meetings are held on the third and fourth Thursday of every month.
Attendance is tracked. Additionally, members participating in specific service projects will meet as needed to accommodate planning, organizing, and completion of each project. Meeting location(s), day(s) and time(s) must be prearranged, included in project proposals, and receive approval from faculty advisors. Advisors reserve the right to attend these meetings with or without notice.
Club Membership Information
**Check back often for important news, announcements, and updates!**