• For your convenience, the Free and Reduced Lunch application may be completed on-line or printed from the links provided within our website. Paper applications will also be available at all schools. Only one Free or Reduced Lunch application is required per family. Completed paper applications may be turned in at any Brevard County school or mailed to Brevard County School Board, Attention: Food Services, Free & Reduced, 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL 32940.

    Students that attended a Brevard County School and participated in the free or reduced lunch program may eat on last year’s free or reduced status for the first 30 days of the school year or until a new lunch application is approved. 

    New students to a Brevard County Public School, Kindergarten or Pre- K who have siblings that participate in the Free or Reduced Lunch Program may also eat on sibling’s prior year status for the first 30 days of the school year or until a new lunch application is processed. Please contact the Office of Food and Nutrition Services at (321) 633-1000 x642 to confirm sibling status.

    Please note: During the first 30 days of the school year the student’s status will change immediately once the new lunch application has been approved.


    *Our On-Line Application for Free and Reduced web portal is best viewed using Internet Explorer 

    Once the Free or Reduced Lunch Application has been approved the benefits begin immediately. However, please note that parents are responsible for the cost of lunch while applications are being processed. The cost of lunch is as follows: $1.80 elementary, $1.90 secondary and $.40 for reduced. Students on the free or reduced lunch program must get a reimbursable meal. Students must choose a fruit or vegetable or both, and a choice of up to 3 additional items. The additional items include entree, milk and grains. For a complete meal a fruit or vegetable and 2 other items must be selected. Only one juice may be selected per meal. The menu, which is available on the web site, will show you what entrées are being offered each day.

    If you have questions regarding the Free or Reduced Lunch Application process, please contact the Office of Food and Nutrition Services at 321-633-1000 at extension 642.


    Need more info?
    Contact Tamara Cheek, Free and Reduced Coordinator cheek.tamara@brevardschools.org

    If your household qualifies or free or reduced-priced lunch, your students may be eligible to receive a state-supported scholarship to a private school. The program, called the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship, was created in 2001. Step Up For Students manages the program. The scholarship is based on income and not on the academic performance of the student or public school. The scholarship helps pay tuition at more than 1,500 participating private schools statewide; a separate transportation scholarship is available to attend a public school in another county. For more information, visit http://www.stepupforstudents.org or call 877-735-7837, or emailinfo@stepupforstudents.org


    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.


    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:



    U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

    1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410


    fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    email: program.intake@usda.gov.


    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.