Sunrise Registration Day Reminder!
Registration Day is August 5th from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the front car loop. Each student must have a parent attend, even if you have pre-registered.
We will be asking parents to confirm the learning option for each child at this time, and we will have important information to give you. We will also need to confirm your child’s method of transportation home (bus, car, bike/walk, Brevard After School BAS, or private Daycare Van).
Please remember to bring your proof of residency information (2 are required, 1 from each tier).
Please do not drop off student supplies on Registration Day because we have limited employees working. We will provide suggestions for supply drop off at a later time.
Please remember you will not be provided with your child’s class assignment on Registration Day. Teachers will be calling you before the start of school to provide you with this information.
We kindly ask for your patience on Registration Day. The drive-through method will be new for us, so we do anticipate some wait time. We also ask that you remain in your vehicle, unless directed to come into the foyer for assistance (newly registering families).
Our Health Tech will be available on Friday, August 21st. If you have medications to drop-off at the school, please come on the 21st between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Ring the doorbell in the foyer, and our staff will assist you. You must wear a mask and follow our safety guidelines while in the building.
Thank you for your continued support Sunrise Community!
We look forward to seeing you!
Pre-Register Now: Please stop by Sunrise Elementary July 15th and 16th from 8 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. to pick up a registration packet. You will return it via the mail slot in the foyer of the school. Even if you are choosing the virtual eLearning option, you must register with Sunrise Elementary. Even if you are uncertain about re-opening, please pre-register your child now. If you change your mind at a later time, we will assist you with the process of choosing another learning option if it does not involve enrollment at Sunrise (example: Homeschool or Brevard Virtual). Please include copies of your proof of residency. Directions for proof of residency are included in registration packets and posted on our website with the digital registration information.
You may also complete a digital registration packet if you are unable to pick up a hard copy packet. There are several steps to this online registration process:
- Download and complete documents for each school-age child. When it is complete, please save your document with your child’s last name.first name (For example, if your child’s name is John Smith, you would save your document as smith.john)
- You may submit these completed forms to email@example.com or you may print the documents and drop them off in a sealed envelope. Deposit the envelope in the mail slot in the foyer of the school M-F from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is to the left and labeled.
All students are required to provide two (2) forms of verification of residence at registration each year. Proof of residence may include the following:
Proof of your residence with one(1) of the following from each tier:
- Current driver license (F.S. 322.19(2) requires that you update your address information on your driver's license within 10 days of moving)
- Current Homestead Exemption Card or Purchase Contract (with expected closing date within 90 days of school) or Warranty Deed
- Lease/Rental Agreement (with your name as the renter)
- Current utilities statement (within the last 30-45 days)
- Florida Voter Registration Card
- Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
- A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days
- Medical or health card with address listed
- Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
- Current automobile insurance policy or bill
- A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a half-way house verifying they receive mail.
For families who may be sharing housing (students in transition), there is a Shared Tenancy Affidavit that must be completed in order for the student to enroll and register in school. For students who may be living temporarily with another family, the in loco parentis form has been updated to reflect a maximum of 30 days. The form may not be used in lieu of the district’s ELO and EPO request process to gain admittance into a school outside the student’s zoned school.
Proof of Residency Info link: https://fl02201431.schoolwires.net/Page/4942
Please call us if you have questions or need assistance with the registration process. The Sunrise office number is 321-674-6145.