Career and Technology Education (CTE)
If you are zoned for Rockledge High School and wish to take classes in a particular program, be sure to sign up for it with your guidance counselor. No application necessary. No fee required.
If you are not zoned for Rockledge High School, you will have to apply through the BPS website under the ‘New and Renewal EPO and EPO Applications for Secondary Schools’ from January 10, 2020 through February 28, 2021. There is a $30 nonrefundable fee for each application.
Rockledge High School offers the following CTE programs:
Allied Health/Patient Care Assisting (PCA) (CNA)
Dual Enrollment Allied Health and Vocational classes taught on the high school campus through Eastern Florida State College.
- Advanced Medical Terminology (3 credits) and Introduction to Health (3 credits) offered for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Each course is one semester and will aid any student interested in pursuing a health care career path. Courses include American Heart Association certifications in First Aid and Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Patient Care Assisting (11 PSAV credits) offers rigorous content, relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in medical and health care fields. This is a yearlong program offered for seniors. Students provide direct patient care in the community in long term care facilities and the hospital. PCA program students passing with a C or higher are eligible to take the Florida Board of Nursing exam to obtain their Certified Nursing Assistant license, Home Health Aide and Medication Technician certifications prior to graduation.
The purpose of this program is to provide students with a foundation of knowledge and technically oriented experiences in the study of technical design. This program focuses on transferable skills and stresses understanding and operation of complex two and three-dimensional graphics, editing, and image analysis tools to better understand, illustrate, explain, and present technical concepts and principles. Science, math, and visual design concepts are reinforced throughout each course. Students have the opportunity to earn certifications in AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
Automotive Maintenance & Light Repair
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics career cluster. Students have the opportunity to become ACSE certified.
This program offers a sequence of courses that provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in the Law, Public Safety and Security career cluster; provides technical skill proficiency, and includes competency-based applied learning that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills, technical skills, and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge of all aspects of the Law, Public Safety and Security career cluster.
- Sequence 1& 2 is designed to introduce students to the fields of law enforcement, the court system, and the correctional system. The content includes career opportunities in these fields, court system, correctional system, interpersonal and communication skills, and employability skills.
- Sequence 3 is designed to develop competencies in crime and accident investigation procedures, forensic science tasks, crime prevention, and property control procedures.
- Sequence 4 offers two (2) tracks and is intended to provide flexibility for students in the last year of the Criminal Justice program. Track 1 is divided into eight (8) options consisting of Standards 23 – 91. This track is focused on the criminal justice system. Four (4) of these options should be selected to complete this one credit course. Track 2 is comprised of Standards 92 – 103 and is a one credit course focused on the administrative aspects of the legal system.
Digital Media/Multi-Media Design
These courses provide additional competencies in interactive presentation production, digital still photography and photo editing software, including advanced design, color modes, and fonts. Students have the opportunity to earn certifications in numerous Adobe Design applications.
International Business students can obtain the Microsoft Office Specialist certification in 2016 Excel, Word and PowerPoint and also the QuickBooks certification while learning about international business and management. Students will learn fundamental computer skills, methods of recording business transactions, a step by step approach to starting a business and laws and regulations governing international trade.
Web Application Development & Programming