Welcome to the EGHS chapter of
National Honor Society
EGHS National Honor Society
- The candidate must be a sophomore, junior, or senior.
- The candidate shall exemplify the following criteria:
- Worthy character
- Good mentality
- Creditable achievement
- Commendable attitude
- A candidate must maintain a 3.5 UNWEIGHTED grade point average. GPA does not round.
- Each applicant must have taken a minimum of three honors, AICE, academic dual enrollment, or advanced placement (AP) courses during the first semester and be enrolled in the same for the second semester of this year. If you have questions whether a course qualifies please see Ms. Marshall.
- A candidate must have approval of his/her dean and not have any referrals or infractions. (Ms. Marshall will verify this for you)
- A candidate must provide three teacher recommendations – two of which must be A CORE TEACHER from the current school year, the other must be from a teacher within the last two school years. Additional recommendations (above the required 3) may also be submitted from a coach or employer.
- A candidate must have the approval of 6 out of his/her 7 teachers to be considered for membership.
- A candidate must be willing to pledge and earn a determined number of hours of community service per semester.
- Attendance to all meetings is mandatory unless prior approval to the absence.