In order to preserve our NEW carpet and prevent roaches and ants, there is no food or drink allowed in the Media Center at any time. During Power Hour, students eating or drinking will be asked to leave and will forfeit their spot.
Up to five books may be checked out at any time. Check out period is three weeks. Books may be renewed, unless another has requested the title.
The first row of Lab 1 is available with desktop computers for student use and printing. The rest of Lab 1 and all of Lab 2 is available with charging stations where students can plug in their laptop and charge and/or work. School computers are for instructional use only (no games or websites not related to coursework).
Please make sure to push in all chairs, and return any chair to it's proper location before leaving. During Power Hour, if all tables are at capacity, you may need to wait.
Printing costs 10 cents per page. Save money and hassle! Buy a $1.00 print card and get TWO free prints; buy a $2.00 print card and get FIVE!
High School Books:
Since Edgewood serves students in grades 7-12, there are books in the library that are for both middle and high school students. Books marked with a red sticker on the top of the spine indicate that those are high school books and middle schoolers cannot check them out unless they have returned a High School Books permission form signed by their parent/guardian. Forms are available at the media center desk. As always, not every book is right for every student. Some titles may include content that is more mature or does not align with their family's values. Students always have the option to return the title if it is not a good fit for them, and parents are encouraged to review available resources with their student.
Procedures for Use of Speciality Areas (Video Room, Collaboration Room, Craft Room)
- The rooms must be reserved on a first-come-first serve basis with library staff
- You may only reserve a room for Power Hour A or Power Hour B, not both
- Everyone using the room must be on the reservation, and there is a limit of 6 people
- You must not eat, drink, or be disruptive. Any of those will result in a loss of privileges to be able to use the rooms at all
- If the previous group left a mess, notify us immediately, or we will assume it was your group that made the mess
- If the specialty areas are abused, you will no longer be able to use them