Dual Enrollment News
Early Admission applications are now available in the guidance office. Do you want to attend Eastern Florida State College full time throughout your senior year of high school? If so, schedule an appointment with your school counselor to see how to qualify. If you have already met with your counselor and discussed this, stop by today to pick up your early admissions application packet. The deadline will approach quickly so get your application today!
For those of you graduating with your AA’s in May 2021, you must apply for graduation from EFSC! The deadline is February 25th! If you apply after that date, they will add a $20 late fee!!!! The website link is below:
- Dec. 21, 2020: Online Graduation System Opened
- Thurs, February 25, 2021: Graduation Applications Due - Last day to indicate "Yes" to attend ceremony & be eligible for guest tickets, to have name in program & to avoid late fee.
- Fri., February 26, 2021: $20 Late Fee begins for all graduation applications
- Mon., May 3, 2021: Starting on this date, any candidate who does not want to apply online, must submit their Graduation application via the Student Dropbox. All fees will be assessed within 1 to 2 business days and must be paid prior to any documents being processed and/or released. documents being processed and/or released.
- May 9, 2021: Online Graduation System Closes
- May 10, 2021: Starting on this date, all Graduation applications must be submitted via the Student Dropbox. All fees will be assessed within 1 to 2 business days and must be paid prior to any documents being processed and/or released.
- Please note: Graduation & Late fees are nonrefundable.
Commencement: Thursday, May 13, 2021. Due to COVID-19, Ceremony details are pending. Be sure to check your EFSC email and our website for updates.
Hello Viper families.
Below is updated information regarding Eastern Florida State College course registration process, Early Admissions, students that need to take (or re-take) the PERT test and future EFSC orientations. Please see the attached documents as a guide on how to proceed with dual enrollment course registration.
Eastern Florida State College Updates:
- Complete the Google Form for course registration - To streamline this process, our guidance department has created a google form for students to complete listing their choice of class(es) for summer and/or fall terms. PLEASE complete this form at your earliest convenience. This form allows for students to request a telephone meeting with their counselor to receive assistance with course choices, as needed. The link for this form is above or you can click here: https://forms.gle/Lkp8YbREkQy7K4v18
- Orientation & test scores - EFSC is still working on the process for students needing an orientation and qualifying test score.
- Early Admissions – The application deadline has been extended to May 7. If your student did not pick up an Early Admissions application yet, please select on the Google Form that you would like the counselor send the Early Admissions application through email.
Early Admission Update: Due to campus closures and the latest order from the Governor’s office, Early Admission Packet documents must be emailed as attachments to the Dual Enrollment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org — that includes these three documents:
- Early Admission Application with essays;
- Student/Parent Agreement; and
- The 2020/2021 Early Admission Eligibility Evaluation that was completed by the counselor.
We will evaluate the applications as they are received and notify students via their titan email of their acceptance status. I will also send you a list of accepted students every two weeks.
We have been able to pick up and process early admission application packets that were mailed (via snail-mail)and arrived in the Melbourne campus mailroom this week. Beginning next week, however, we are not allowed on campus so this will no longer be possible. I will ask the mail room to let me know if stragglers arrive, but processing these may be delayed.
Early admission information has been updated on the website, Below is the link.
Good news! The online Dual Enrollment Orientation is now available. The link is on the EFSC dual enrollment webpage. Students will now be able to complete this requirement online and the dual enrollment orientation hold will be removed from their EFSC record. Both Collegiate High School students and Dual Enrollment students will complete the same orientation. Click here to get started: https://www.easternflorida.edu/admissions/dual-enrollment/
To complete the Online Dual Enrollment Orientation:
- Log into the myEFSC portal
• Find the EFSC Student Applications section (On the left on a desktop computer)
• Click the down arrow on the Applications menu; scroll to "Dual Enrollment Student Orientation" and click "Launch"
• Read the information carefully and answer the questions correctly at the end of each section to move forward in the presentation.
• When you have completed all sections, click the Sign Out button.
The Orientation is divided into 7 sections. Students must read the section and answer several questions correctly before moving to the next section
College Credit Placement Testing Update: The college is working on a plan for offering remote, virtual college credit placement testing/retesting. Once the plan is finalized, I will let you know. The information will also be available on the EFSC testing website.
Academic Testing/Course Exams Update: EFSC Spring courses have transitioned to online instruction. If an instructor requires a proctored exam, students should contact their instructor for additional direction. The College has contracted with the third-party test proctoring service, ProctorU, for the Spring Term to offer testing for the face-to-face courses that moved online at a flat fee of $8, for a limit of up to two hours each test.
Dual Enrollment Registration Process Update: I hope the new (tweaked) registration process is working ok for you! We appreciated the feedback. The college has also needed to make an adjustment. EFSC advisors will send students an email confirming that the student’s registration has been completed, however, they will not be able to type into each student’s confirmation email the specific course information due to time constraints. Instead I will send you a list of your students and the courses that they are registered into a week before classes begin. It will include course title, meeting times, CRN etc. Students will be able to go into their myEFSC portal and check their schedule.
For all students interested in re-testing to get passing scores for Dual enrollment or Collegiate High School, the EFSC Remote Testing Link is now available!!!
Go to https://easternflorida.edu/admissions/placement-testing/ and follow the instructions on the page.
Once you have tested, please send your scores to your guidance counselor.
If you have any questions, please contact your guidance counselor