- Date of Birth Verification: such as an original or certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, Florida SHOTS documentation, passport or certificate of the child’s arrival in the United States.
- Proof of Florida Residency: such as your valid driver’s license and/or current utility bill. Your proof of residency MUST show your physical address – not PO Box.
VPK Registration Information
PLEASE NOTE THAT VPK PROGRAMS ARE LOCATED IN SELECTED SCHOOLS AND HAVE LIMITED AVAILABILITY.
Registration does not guarantee a VPK slot. Some schools may hold a lottery or Title I needs-based selection process, should enrollment exceed class capacity.
If a child's 4th birthday falls between February 2nd though September 1st, parents may delay enrolling their child in VPK until the following year when the child is 5-years-old. The extension is intended to allow parents of younger 4-year-olds to delay the year their child begins VPK, in turn enabling the child to begin kindergarten and first grade as a slightly older, more mature student. Children may participate in the VPK program one time only.
Step 1. Apply for a VPK Certificate
You will need the following items to obtain a certificate:
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact the Early Learning Coalitation, Child Care Resource and Referral department at (321) 637-7272.
Step 2. Register at a Brevard Public School
Visit a school (click for list) Note the attendance limitations and availablity at all VPK schools.
You will need the following items to register at a school:
- VPK Certificate of Eligibility,
- child’s original birth certificate,
- current immunization record,
- current physical examination, and
- two (2) forms of residence verification