What is the International Career Academy?
Student enrollment in the International Career Academy is open to rising 9th grade students interested in developing personal and professional skills necessary to be successful in their future education and career.
The International Career Academy at Melbourne High School is a Brevard Educational Program Opportunity with the International Baccalaureae Career-Related Programme in the IB World School. Students not zoned for Melbourne High School apply on the district website. You can access a link to the district web site by clicking on Home to the left.
What makes the Academy at MHS unique?
- Integrates academic and practical learning by developing esential skills
- Use current technology
- Earn Industry Certification
- Relevant experience through Internships and Service Learning
- Student centered education
- Earn college credits
- Earn Bright Futures hours through service learning
"For students who want to complement traditional learning with the practicality of career-based studies, the IB career-related program could be a good option. Few educational programs offer the invaluable combination of the theoretical knowledge and real-world application." - US News and World Report
What Career Pathways are available?
- Applied Engineering
- Digital Design
- International Business (Internship)
- Web Design
- Patient Care Assistant
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Air Force JROTC
- Culinary Arts
- Building Construction
Every student has the opportunity to earn professional certification in each career pathway above.
Required within the 4 years of high school
- Core courses at all levels
- Elective course choices
- Career Pathway courses
- IB Personal & Professional Skills course - taken during Junior and Senior year
- students develop five core copmpetencies for personal success
- Two IB courses (4 max) - taken during Junior and Senior year
- Eligible IB Courses:
- Psychology SL
- Film SL
- Theater SL
- History SL
- Biology SL
- Physics SL
- Computer Science SL
- College Credit in each IB course listed is earned through IB Exam Scores
- Eligible IB Courses:
Interested? have questions? or ready to apply and need assistance?... Please contact the Academy Director Mr. Jake Schweich at: email@example.com
or the Coordinator for the International Baccalaureate: Jennifer Mason Mason.Jennifer@BrevardSchools.org