Upcoming 7th Grader Registration Information
***ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE A REGISTRATION PACKET TO ENROLL IN THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR***
Please go to our website (https://www.brevardschools.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=15086) and follow the instructions listed below.
Step 1. Click Application (English or Spanish)
Step 2. YOU MUST SAVE the document to your electronic device before completing the application. If you do not save the document before completing, it comes through blank when you send the application to Mrs. Fechas.
Step 3. After saving application to your device, now you open and complete application. Every page that has a signature line, must be signed and dated by the registering parent. You can sign forms electronically. For help with electronic signatures, you must click the signature line twice and it will guide you on how to electronically sign. If you do not want to sign electronically, you can print out each form and then sign and date. Make sure each form is signed and dated or the application will be considered incomplete.
Step 4. Return completed packet to Mrs. Fechas electronically via email (Fechas.email@example.com) with your Tier 1 & Tier 2 resident documents OR drop it in the drop box in front of the school (stapled or in envelope) with your Tier 1 & Tier 2 resident documents.
Information about Tier 1& Tier 2 Documents (Your registration packet will be considered incomplete without these documents)
All students are required to provide two (2) forms of verification when submitting their registration packet. You will also need to show these documents on LBJ registration day. Proof of residence may include the following:
Proof of your residence with one (1) of the following from each tier:
1. Current driver license (F.S. 322.19(2)) requires that you update your address information on your driver's license within 10 days of moving.
2. Current Homestead Exemption Card or Purchase Contract (with expected closing date within 90 days of school) or Warranty Deed
3. Rental Agreement with your name as the renter
1. Current utility statement within the last 30-45 days
2. Florida Voter Registration Card
3. Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
4. A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days
5. Medical or health card with address listed
6. Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill
7. Current automobile insurance policy or bill
8. A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a half-way house verifying they receive mail
Please contact the front office or the counseling department for any questions related to the registration process.
Upcoming 8th Grader Registration Information
Please note: Distribution of registration packets is to be determined.
Education Location Option (ELO) & Education Program Option (EPO)
Please look here for dates regarding the 2020-2021 school year: Timeline for Open Enrollment.
Are you zoned for Johnson? Find out here: http://apps.schoolsitelocator.com/?districtcode=00778.
Did you recently move into or out of Johnson's Zone? Find information here: https://www.brevardschools.org/Page/16065.
Educational Location Option (ELO)
An ELO is an open enrollment process enabling selection of a secondary school located outside of the family's zoned school of attendance. Prior to submitting an application for an ELO it is important to make sure the school is not frozen due to capacity, review specific terms and conditions, and understand the lottery process.
Information can be found here: https://fl02201431.schoolwires.net/Page/8010.
You can apply here: https://brevardflc.scriborder.com/family
Educational Program Option (EPO)
An EPO is an Open Enrollment process enabling parents to choose an educational program at an identified school for their student based on specialized curriculum or theme of study not offered at the family's zoned/home school.
Information can be found here: https://fl02201431.schoolwires.net/Page/3651.
You can apply here: https://brevardflc.scriborder.com/family
Information on Regional Busing can be found here: https://www.brevardschools.org/Page/14916.
Forms must be opened in Adobe Reader XI v 11.0.7 or later, or Acrobat Reader DC in order to be digitally signed. Follow the prompts for digital signature directions. Once complete, save and and then email the form as directed by the school.
When using Chrome, follow these instructions in order to open the forms in Adobe:
- Ensure that Adobe Reader is installed on the computer.
- In Chrome, go to the "Menu" icon (three vertical dots, top right), then choose "Settings".
- Scroll to the bottom and select "Advanced".
- In the "Privacy and Security" section, select "Site Settings".
- Scroll down and select "PDF Documents".
- Switch the "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome" to "On".
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS REQUIRED TO ENROLL A STUDENT IN A FLORIDA SCHOOL
- Proof of age. A certified birth certificate for US citizens may be requested online at http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm. If a birth certificate is not available refer to 1003.21, FS, for other acceptable documentation.
- A Florida Certificate of Immunization, Form 680 (blue card), completed by a Florida physician or by a Florida county health department. Parents should obtain a copy of their child's complete immunization history before leaving their current residence, as this form is not available to the general public. Information on Florida school immunization requirements is available at http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Family/school/parent/parent_info.html.
- Evidence of a medical exam completed no less than 12 months prior to the child's school entry date. As long as the medical exam meets this 12-month requirement, parents may submit this information on the School-Entry Health Exam Form (DH 3040) or provide a copy of the exam obtained from their current physician before moving to Florida.
- Official documentation that the parent(s) or guardian(s) is a legal resident(s) of the school district attendance area.
All students are required to provide two (2) forms of verification of residence at registration each year. Proof of residence may include the following:
Proof of your residence with one (1) of the following from EACH tier:
Current driver license (F.S. 322.19(2)) requires that you update your address information on your driver's license within 10 days of moving.
Current Purchase Contract (with expected closing date within 90 days of school) or Warranty Deed.
Lease/Rental Agreement with your name as the renter.
Current utility statement within the last 30-45 days.
Florida Voter Registration Card.
Florida Vehicle Registration or Title
A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days.
Medical or health card with address listed.
Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill.
Current automobile insurance policy or bill.