How to Enroll Part-Time
Home Education students may access courses offered by the Brevard Virtual School franchise of Florida Virtual School (FLVS) or from FLVS directly. To sign up for courses, follow the steps below:
1. Access and review the district's home education website.
2. Submit an original copy of the Notice of Intent from the Handbook to the Office of Student Services to register your child in home education (address is located at the bottom of the form).
3. Register your student(s) online at www.FLVS.net. Click here for step-by-step directions.
4. When asked to identify your child's Physical School, select "Home Schooled Brevard".
5. Select your desired courses and identify the Brevard Franchise for your virtual school provider.
6. Create a Guardian Profile which will allow you to approve courses and monitor your student's progress. This is a requirement for home education families. (click here to be taken to the FLVS webpage to learn more about this process.)
7. Log into your Guardian Account and approve the course requests for your student. Your student cannot be placed with teachers until this step is completed.
8. Once your Notice of Intent is processed by Brevard Public Schools, you will receive a letter of confirmation by mail (titled Home Education Program Verification Letter). if you are taking courses directly from FLVS, you must fax, mail or email a copy of this letter to FLVS at: 407-513-3480 or 2145 Metro Center Blvd. Suite 200; Orlando FL 32835 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brevard Virtual's Guidance Counselors will gladly assist home education families in selecting BVS courses.
Call us at 321-350-8600
FLVS Home School Information and Resources
FLVS also supports home education families.
Click here to learn more.Do you need help?
Contact the FLVS customer service center:
1-800-374-1430 or 407-513-3587
FLVS Toll Free Tech Support - 1-866-322-8324
Contact the FLVS guidance counselor assigned to Brevard County:
Meghan Reites - 407-513-3525