Requirments for Honor Graduates, Valedictorian and Salutatorian
- Any student with a minimum of 3.50 cumulative weighted GPA at the end of the first semester during the year prior to graduation shall be declared an honor graduate, provided that the student maintains a comparable level of performance during the second semester. 62
- All high school course grades earned in grades 7-12 are to be included in the grade point average for determining honor graduates with the following exceptions:
- Adult education;
- Pass/fail grades (transfer students);
- On-the-job; d. Lowest grade for a course that is repeated.
- The cumulative weighted grade point average as indicated in the previous chart shall be utilized in computing the grade point average.
Valedictorian and Salutatorian
Valedictorian and Salutatorian honors will be awarded to the students with the highest weighted GPA. (Hundredth) at the end of their 7th semester. The highest GPA (hundredth) will be the Valedictorian honor and the second highest will be the Salutatorian honor. Students sharing the same numerical GPA will be awarded the same honor.