"Just Moved," No Longer Zoned for Student's Current School of Enrollment
Have you “Just Moved” and your K-12th grade student is attending a school that they are no longer residentially zoned for?
If your answer is yes, you have options for your student’s school of enrollment with Brevard Public Schools.
You may request your student remain at the school they are currently attending by completing a “Just Moved” application.
Conditions of completing a “Just Moved” application for your student:
- Notify the school your student(s) is attending that you just moved.
- Just Moved applications are completed after you move (not before)
- Transportation to and from the school is not provided by BPS and is the responsibility of the parent.
- Upon BPS approval of the application, the student/parent automatically enter into a contract requiring the student to exhibit appropriate academic effort, attend school regularly, including on time arrival and pick-up, and exhibit appropriate behavior (Policy 5121).
- The Just Moved application is valid for the remainder of the current school year
- If student wishes to return the following school year, a renewal open enrollment application is required for student to remain at the school (see timelines).
To complete a “Just Moved” application you will need to create an Open Enrollment account on the Family Dashboard.
(Note: If you already have an account, you will not need to create a new account. You will need to upload your new proof of residency).
After you create your account and upload your new proof of residency, you will start an application. The application type that you select will be a “Just Moved” application for the current school year. There is a $30 fee associated with each application (fee waiver information).
For further assistance, please contact the Division of Equity, Innovation and Choice at (321) 633-1000 extension 11395.