Below are local resources for assistance with Food, Finances, Utilities and Health.
Resources for Food
- Food Distribution - List of Schools in Brevard County
- Find local food pantries with the Second Harvest Food Locator
- Call 2-1-1 or 321-632-6688 for other food resources available in the county.
- Food Distribution List from 211
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Florida is distributing food at its Temple Terrace Club (1824 Temple Terrace, Melbourne) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m. will be distributing meals:
- Club Esteem, Lipscomb Community Center, 3316 Monroe Street, Melbourne: Monday – Friday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Cocoa PAL, 307 Blake Ave., Cocoa, Monday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Unemployment insurance: Online assistance: http://www.floridajobs.org/job-seekers-community-services or call 1-800-204-2418.
- Food Stamps: https://www.myflfamilies.com/service-programs/access/food-assistance-and-suncap.shtml
- Income Taxes: The IRS has extended the filing deadline from April 15 to July 15, but people are encouraged (if they’re getting a refund) to file ASAP. www.irs.gov/coronavirus
- Mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will suspend foreclosures and evictions for at least 60 days.
- Federal Housing Administration will be putting a sixty-day moratorium on foreclosures and evictions of single family homeowners.
- Mortgage Payments: borrowers affected by the coronavirus who are having difficulty paying their mortgage should reach out to their mortgage servicers.
- CDC site for COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Florida Department of Health: For questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the Department’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center by calling 1-866-779-6121. The Call Center is available 24 hours per day. Inquiries may also be emailed to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Florida's COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard: Florida Department of Health, Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
- City of Melbourne COVID-19 Updates