Welcome to the 2020-21 Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK)
Due to Covid-19 precautions, VPK registration will be done a little differently this year.
The VPK registration window will end on June 18, 2020.
There are multiple steps to this registration process.
- Be sure you have your VPK Certificate.
- Complete the VPK Application.
- Complete the Attendance Policy Acknowledgement.
- Complete the school registration packet as directed by the school.
- Gather the required personal documents (see list below)
- Follow the school instructions on how to submit your completed VPK application and registration packet by June 18.
Birth certificate, current immunization records, current physical examination and two
(2) forms of residency verification.
Checklist of items you will need to complete for VPK registration by June 18, 2020.
- VPK Application (attached)
- Attendance Policy Acknowledgement (attached)
- Student Registration Form (attached)
- VPK Certificate
- Personal Documents (listed above)
- Download and complete the forms. When it is complete, (and if you wish to send electronically) please save your document(s) with your child’s last name.first name. For example, if your child’s name is John Smith, you would save your document as smith.john.
- There are three ways you can return this information to us.
- Mail to: Longleaf Elementary 4290 N. Wickham Road Melbourne, FL 32935
- Hand deliver to the drop box located at the school from 8:00am to 2:30pm.
- E-mail the forms to our school’s universal e-mail address: LongleafElementary@BrevardSchools.org
Submitting an application does not guarantee VPK placement. There are attendance boundaries and
limited spaces available. Some schools may require a selection process and/or lottery.
For more information contact your school office or visit https:// www.brevardschools.org/Domain/9687
Together we can prepare your child for kindergarten and build the foundation for school success.
VPK Application and Attendance Policy Acknowledgment Form