BRIGHT FUTURES INFORMATION
The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) will begin evaluations of 2022-23 high school seniors in late March. In order for a student to qualify for Bright Futures, all five requirements must be met:
- Submit a complete Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA), also known as the state application (no later than August 31, 2023);
- Complete the required coursework (by high school graduation)
- Achieve the required grade point average in the required coursework
- Complete the required number of service hours (by high school graduation)
- Achieve the required college entrance exam score (no later than June 30, 2023).
College Entrance Exams OSFA will evaluate students based on official ACT® and SAT® test scores obtained directly from the two national test companies through the state test repository.
For Early Evaluation, OSFA will use tests taken through January 31, 2023. Although ACT® and SAT® may offer test dates for 2023 graduates after June 2023, final evaluations for 2023 seniors will only consider test dates through June 30, 2023, as required by rule 6A-20.028, Florida Administrative Code, for the Bright Futures.