Making an account and basic information:
- Go to studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Click "Start Here"
- Choose whether you are a student, parent, or preparer
- Enter your personal identifiers: Name, Date of Birth, and Social Security Number of student
- Enter and confirm your contact information (you will be asked to confirm both a phone number and email)
Filling out the FAFSA:
- Click "Start 2022-2023 FAFSA Application"
- Create a savekey (password) to access you application at a later time
- Make sure your student information is correct
- If you are a male, you will be asked to sign up for the Selective Service. You may choose to sign up as a part of this application or at a later time.
- Add Rockledge Senior High School to the "Add your High School Section"
- Add ALL colleges you plan on applying to to your FAFSA form, regardless of application or acceptance status (If you are applying to more than 10 colleges, do not worry, click the "Learn what to do if you're applying to more than 10 colleges")
- Enter information on your housing plans for each of these institutions
- Enter the student's marital status and dependents
- Answer the Student Additional Dependency Question
- Fill out parent information
Filing your CSS Information:
- Go to https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/?navId=gf-css
- Sign in to your College Board account
- Start your application and fill out all information asked
- Choose the schools to send your information to (Hint: only send your information to schools you would actually attend, as each send costs money [If you are planning to go to UF and UF only, only send your scores to the University of Florida])
- Submit your application
- Some schools may ask for additional documents, these can be submitted directly to your CSS profile
- Be on the look out for emails from College Board regarding any missing documents