Uniform Policy 2022-2023
Our number one job at South Lake Elementary School is to provide your child with the best positive learning experience in a safe environment. We work each day to encourage students to be successful at their job of learning. Uniforms are an important part of the school's identity: It has a positive impact on students' learning and behavior in and around the school, serves to unite students, increases student pride, and eliminates barriers so all students are treated equally.
South Lake's students area expected to participate in our school's uniform policy Monday-Thursday. We have decided to allow students to express their individual dress styles on Fridays.
The uniform is as follows:
- Tops - solid t-shirts and/or polo shirts (if you have a logo embroidered, it needs to be on the left front chest). Shirt colors - navy or royal blue, maroon, gray, and/or white. *Class shirts, Spirit shirts, or PTO shirts may be worn on Fridays only
- Bottoms/Leggings - Students may wear pants, skirts, shorts, skorts, or jumpers. No jeans unless it's Friday. Bottom/Legging colors: navy, black, or khaki
- Shoes - Students may wear their choice of shoes; however, they must be safe and appropriate to the learning environment and aligned with BPS Student Dress Code Policy which states that shoes are safe and appropriate for recess and physical education.
- Jackets - do not have to be a specific color; jackets and hoodies may not be worn to cover a dress code or uniform violation.
- Students may wear uniforms or dress as they wish on Fridays, provided it is in line with school board policy.
Field Trip Days - students may wear class shirts and/or what is comfortable for trips, no uniforms required; however, the teacher may request students to wear class shirts.
Places that you can purchase uniforms: JC Penney, Sam's, Walmart, Target, Old Navy, Amazon, etc.
Logo - Embroidery - ***Embroidery is optional
We are transitioning to an online uniform option for our families. When this option is finalized the information will be added to this page.
Uniform donations - we will collect gently used uniforms for donation. If you would like to drop off any donations this summer, bring those to the front office. At registration, if available, families will be able to take two uniforms per child from the donation bins, if needed.
Picture Days - students will be able to dress up and they may wear sandals, dress shoes, etc.
School Spirit Weeks - We will send out uniform requirements for school spirit weeks.
Mascot - Sharks School Colors - Royal Blue and Silver