Early Admissions at Eastern Florida State College (Full-time Dual Enrollment) Class of 2024
Applications are now available for all juniors interested in participating in Eastern Florida State College’s Early Admissions program for the 2023-2024 School Year. The applications are located here: 2023-24 Early Admission Packet . Hard copies will be available in the guidance office next week.
Early Admission Requirements:
1. A state cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0 or higher by the end of the 11th grade.
2. College-ready test scores in Reading, Writing, and Math on the PERT, ACCUPLACER, SAT, or ACT.
3. Meet state graduation testing requirements.
4. Students must have completed all required subject-area graduation credits by August 10, 2023 except for:
1.0 high school credit in English 1.0 high school credit in Science
1.0 high school credit in Math 1.0 high school credit in Social Studies
5. In good standing with attendance and discipline.
Early Admissions Student’s Schedules
- Students are required to enroll in at least four courses/12 credit hours each term. A course that is a co-requisite, such as Chemistry Lab, is not considered a fourth course since it is a companion class. BPS students may not register for more than five courses unless the student has an unweighted GPA of 3.5 or higher and has received the high school’s permission.
- Early Admissions students are full-time students at EFSC and may not enroll in classes concurrently at Satellite High School, Brevard or Florida Virtual School. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- Early admissions students may participate in varsity, junior varsity sports, after school clubs, theatre and musical productions.
Application Deadline is May 11, 2023 Include the following three (3) documents in your packet:
1. EFSC Early Admission Application: Provide your B Number and well-written essay responses.
2. Early Admission Eligibility Evaluation: Completed and signed by your high school counselor.
3. Early Admission Student/Parent Agreement: Signed by you and your parent/legal guardian.
Students submit their application packet using any of the options below:
· Drop off the three application documents as a packet to any EFSC Campus Welcome Desk
· Email the packet with all documents saved as PDF attachments (no pictures or screen shots) to
Donna C. Binninger at email@example.com
· Mail the packet to Donna C. Binninger: EFSC 3865 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32935
· SHS counselors/staff cannot submit applications on behalf students.
Students must check their student Titan email account to find out if they have been accepted into the Early Admissions program. EFSC does not send acceptance notifications to personal emails, parents, or school counselors.
Note: Seniors who have not previously participated in dual enrollment, and meet eligibility requirements, may participate in Early Admissions. There are a few additional steps to include: completing an EFSC admissions application, attending online orientation through EFSC, and submitting their high school transcript to EFSC.
The guidance department is happy to help all who are interested. Please see Ms. Vanessa Matthews or Mr. Greg Smith if you have additional questions or need any assistance.