Questions? Please contact the SAC chairperson, Mrs. Marshall, at Marshall.Josena@brevardschools.org
SAC minutes are available in the files section below or in paper form upon request in the front office.
Want to join our 2023-2024
School Advisory Council (SAC)?
What is SAC?
SAC is a committee of McAuliffe stakeholders which includes parents who have been approved by other McAuliffe parents to help our administration, teachers, and staff to develop and evaluate the School Improvement Plan (SIP). The council is up to date on McAuliffe happenings, they review and provide input for classroom library book lists, and when applicable, SAC is sought for approval of specific budget items and asked to vote on how to utilize SAC funds given by the state.
- As a school stakeholder, you are more informed and involved in our school-based decisions.
- Each school must have a SAC by law.
- For equitable voting purposes, the council must consist of various stakeholders. (Ex: principal, a balanced number of teachers, parents, community members, and other staff members.)
When are the meetings?
We meet the last Tuesday of every month at 3:00 in the Media Center. Attendance is valued, so please only submit your name if you can commit to the following meeting dates.
Sept. 26th, Oct. 31st, Nov. 28th, Dec. 19th, Jan. 30th, Feb. 27th, Mar. 19th, April 30th, and May. 14th
Can I come to any of the meetings if I’m not a member? Absolutely, only members have voting power.
How can I join?
- Select this link https://forms.gle/yJWpGgJVy78SMUsD8 and fill out your contact information,
- or contact Josena Marshall by phone at 768-0465 ext. 47173,
- or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or fill out the form below and return to your child’s classroom teacher.
**This will allow your name to be added to the parent ballot. Approval/Voting will take place through a Google Form sent via school email, school text, and school website on September 18,2023.
Mrs. Marshall will send an email contacting you if you have been elected as a member of McAuliffe SAC.
To be added to the ballot, please print the ballot located here: SAC Parent Ballot
OR call the office (321)768-0465 and ask them to send one home with your student.