Requirments for Elementary Schools of Choice
1. Most recent report card (except for incoming kindergarten students).
- Report card is to be uploaded to the online Family Dashboard at time of application.
2. A behavioral/academic parent and student contract is required upon entry.
3. Parent(s)/student(s) are required to fulfill community service hours annually.
Requirments for Secondary Schools of Choice
March 23, 2020
Edgewood and West Shore new applicant: modified entrance requirements
Per the Florida Department of Education directive on March 17, 2020, the FSA is cancelled for the 2019-2020 school year. Therefore, the modification to the entrance criteria for Edgewood Jr./Sr. High and West Shore Jr./Sr. High for the 2020-2021 school year is as follows:
CHANGE TO REQUIREMENT
- BPS Students:
- Choice School will review applicant’s FSA historical data for the past two years to make admission decisions (requirement is “Level 3” or above).
- BPS students not required to upload this data.
- Non BPS Students:
- Choice School will review applicant’s historical data on a nationally normed test (requirement is attain a minimum of 45th percentile score in ELA/Math composite on a nationally normed test, i.e., the Iowa Basic Test of Skills [IBTS]).
- Parents/guardians are required to upload the last two (2) years of results for norm reference test to their Family Dashboard account.
- Student has been academically promoted each year beginning in 3rd grade (never had promotion requirements waived or received a “Good Cause Exemption);
- Final 2019-20 report card grades must reflect a “C” or higher in English/Reading, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- BPS Students: