Resources for PBMHS eLearners
The links below will take you to helpful instructions for the technology you will need to use for eLearning. This website will be updated regularly with new and additional information as it becomes available.
There will not be another Picture Day on campus this school year. If you missed Picture Day and would like student portraits taken, please contact DSP directly to schedule a session at their studio. www.dsp-photo.com
Youth Mental Health Videos Information, Dates, and Bell Schedule
ASVAB FOR 11TH & 12TH GRADERS WILL BE TUESDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2020
The Department of Defense introduced the ASVAB (which stands for Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) in 1968. It was originally designed to predict future academic and occupational success in military occupations. However, extensive research indicates the ASVAB assesses academic ability and predicts success in a wide variety of occupations. The ASVAB CEP is used for career exploration and is given to high schools and early post-secondary students.
The ASVAB will be given in the PBMHS auditorium to 11th and 12th graders on Tuesday, October 27, 2020. Please arrive at the front office at 8:30. Testing should start around 9 am and it takes about 3 hours. We will offer the ASVAB again on February 9, 2021. Please RSVP only if you are planning to attend: https://forms.gle/5HtJEc2TVvis5upr8
Grade 10 FSA ELA (Writing and Reading) and the Algebra 1 EOC testing will begin ON CAMPUS for eLearners on September 21, 2020. Both of these tests are graduation requirements and are being offered to students who need to retake these tests, students who were in Grade 10 during the 2019-20 school year, and students who took Algebra 1 or Algebra 1B during the 2019-20 school year. Please click on the red link above for the testing schedule listed by student number to find your testing date, time, and location, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION OR REMINDER EMAIL. This testing window has closed. Gr 10 ELA Retake will be available again in February 2021 and Algebra 1 EOC will be available in December, February, and May. Information will be sent out by phone call, Outlook email, and this eLearner page.
PSAT was on campus on October 14, 2020
If you missed this test, you have been automatically signed up for the make-up PSAT on Jan. 26, 2021.
Brevard County has selected the PSAT/NMSQT® offered by The College Board to provide all 10th graders the opportunity to take a test predicting readiness for college/career and advanced coursework. This test is offered free of charge to all 10th graders enrolled in public schools. Juniors and seniors will be charged $17.00 dollars and can sign up in guidance, but must do so quickly because spots are limited.
The PSAT will be administered ON CAMPUS on October 14th 2020.
On test day, students should bring:
• An acceptable calculator for the Math Test – Calculator portion of test only. An acceptable list is on the Palm Bay Magnet High School website.
• Photo ID- this must be a picture ID. Students can use their school issued ID card, driver’s license or permit, or a government issued passport, military ID or national ID card.
• Snack and drink with twist top cap/lid: Due to the length of the test, students will not have lunch until after 1:00 pm. Students will have an opportunity for a break and may bring a nutritious snack and a drink with a cap/lid that can be reclosed.
On test day, students should NOT bring:
• Highlighters, ear plugs, rulers, dictionaries or other books, pens, mechanical/colored pencils, pamphlets or papers of any kind, including scratch paper.
• Electronic equipment, including phones of any kind; personal computing devices (laptops, notebooks, Bluetooth devices, or tablets); cameras; timers; audio players/recorders; wearable technology; digital watches, including smart watches, that can be used to record, transmit, or receive information; or any other prohibited device. If your student is found with an electronic device during testing, his or her test will be invalidated.
Please arrive at school by 8:15 AM and enter through the Gym entrance in the front parking lot.
Photo IDs will be checked outside and students must have on a mask as they enter the gym.
If you are in 9th - 11th grade and haven't completed your reading plus progress please do so ASAP. Click HERE for instructions!
Checking Student Emails in Outlook - Check your Office 365 Outlook email once a day!
Written directions: bit.ly/bpsfocusstudentemails
Video directions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-o713HP_Q
Your 3rd period teacher will let you know which lunch to take.
This site contains information regarding FOCUS, Launchpad, Google Classroom, Zoom, and more!
Please click above link to send an email to request a password reset and include your student number.