Astronaut High School is excited to open our NEW College and Career Resource Center!
The College and Career Resource Center aims to help students, parents, and the War Eagle community successfully understand and navigate the post-secondary exploration process. The primary goal is to help students determine an appropriate path beyond graduation.
The College and Career Resource Center will provide guidance, education, and tools to support both the District and AHS goals and outcomes for graduates. The center will collaborate with academic counseling, teachers, staff and administration at Astronaut to provide a coordinated and comprehensive approach to helping students beyond high school graduation and to make this process as smooth and as meaningful as possible.
The College and Career Center will:
1) Aim to provide extensive college and career advising that addresses the student's individual needs - academic, social, extracurricular, and financial
2) Focus upon the personal strengths and interests of each student to guide every student's individual path
3) Focus on the idea of "fit" in providing advice to students about the process and specific educational opportunities
4) Help students focus on the idea of finding a set of schools or potential career paths that provide confidence and enthusiasm regarding their future
5) Foster a culture of self-advocacy and student responsibility for the considerations and decisions this process demands, with the help of our staff
Additionally, we commit to providing the following services and opportunities:
1) Computer lab to work on college/employment applications and appropriate searches
2) Personal assistance with the college application process
3) Individual help with career and post-secondary exploration
4) SAT/ACT registration and test fee waivers for students enrolled in the free/reduced lunch program
5) Scholarship and financial aid information
6) College/employment tools and resources
The Career and College Resource Center Coordinator is Mrs. Christina Gordon. Mrs. Gordon has 5+ years valuable experience working in the corporate business world as an Employee Recruiter and Human Resources Manager for national and international companies. In addition, she has 10+ years of postsecondary college experience at Eastern Florida State College and has been at Astronaut High School for almost 4 years. With her background, as well as being a mother of a high school and college student, we are confident Mrs. Gordon will add value and knowledge to support Astronaut students/families in making their post-secondary plans. Please feel free to reach to Mrs. Gordon at email@example.com or 321-264-3000 ext 21038.