The role of the division of government and community relations is to engage our community, state and local government, school, business, & industry to the nobility of our mission.
We accomplish this through a variety of methods that include:
- Building public confidence for the educational programs provided throughout the county,
- Communicating effectively to engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders through print, digital and web, and community engagement,
- Managing the information flow to and from the commercial news and media,
- Updating communications policies, practices and administrative processes, and
- Providing information requested through public records requests.
Structure in the Government &Community Relations Department emphasizes mass communications, including internal and external stakeholders, media, and the community. Communication helps build trust within the school district, creates opportunities for flow of information, and helps support a culture of dedication, collaboration, and learning.