INSTRUCTION BEGINS PROMPTLY AT 8:00AM. Students who are NOT in their CLASSROOM at 8:00AM will be marked tardy.
Sherwood Tardy Policy:
- Students who are tardy more than one time per week – Parent Communication (email or phone call) logged in FOCUS by the teacher
- Students who are tardy three or more times per week – Parent/Guardian Conference and Attendance Contract with the teacher and IPST team
- Students who are consistently tardy (weekly basis) – Follow Discipline Plan PreK-6th Grades (Level 1 Incident) issued by administration
*Corrective Strategies may include: conference with student, loss of privileges, lunch detention, reflective assignment, check-in/check-out with staff, or administrative detention as determined by school designee.
*Corrective Strategies will NOT include suspension in or out of school for attendance reasons per Florida State Statute 1006.09
- ELO students must meet all attendance expectations (includes unexcused tardies, late pick-up, absence, and/or truancy). Students with excessive absences and/or tardies and/or late pick up from school will be withdrawn (immediate revocation policy). Zoned schools may transport if student(s) resides in boundary and meets transportation requirements.
- A student who is absent more than nine (9) days within a semester will NOT receive a passing grade for the semester.
If you have not yet activated your Parent Portal for FOCUS, you will need to do so ASAP.
FOCUS is the software program Brevard County uses for grade reporting. Brevard County’s Focus Parent Portal provides parents and guardians with a view of their child’s assignments, grades, attendance information and current class averages.
Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will be completed online using the BPS Parent Portal on FOCUS.
For the protection of your child’s confidential information, the following secure procedures have been put in place for parents and guardians to register for a FOCUS Parent Portal account. The parent/guardian will need a valid email address, your child’s student ID number, birthdate and a FOCUS PIN. To get the information required to activate your parent portal (child’s student ID and FOCUS PIN – not the same as your student’s FOCUS PIN #), the parent/guardian will need to bring a valid photo ID to the office during regular office hours.
Don’t delay in getting your Parent Portal for your FOCUS account activated.