Welcome to Title I
The Title I Vision
All children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic achievement standards and state academic assessments.
Title I Goals
● Assist schools in meeting the educational needs of low-achieving students in our district’s highest poverty schools,
● Assist schools in closing the achievement gap between high- and lowperforming children, especially the achievement gap between disadvantaged children and their more advantaged peers,
● Assist schools in providing high-quality education to all students,
● Promote and target resources sufficiently to make a difference to schools where needs are greatest,
● Promote schoolwide reform and ensure the access of children to effective, evidence-based instructional strategies and challenging academic content,
● Implement high quality early childhood programs in schools with a high concentration of at-risk children,
● Support school efforts to implement the Early Childhood Standards of Excellence for prekindergarten, and
● Afford families and community members substantial and meaningful opportunities to participate in the education of their children.