Welcome to Saturn Elementary School
Saturn Elementary will provide a safe, caring environment to challenge all of our students to become self-motivated, respectful citizens where 100% graduate high school, ready to enter the workforce or college of their choice through a partnership of home, school, and community.
To create a nurturing environment in which all students, regardless of academic or socio-economic challenges flourish by becoming responsible, self-motivated learners. All stakeholders will be held accountable to set high expectations. By creating an atmosphere of instructional support and teaching rigorous standards, all students will learn and achieve.
Saturn's 2018-2019 school wide theme
"Kindness Begins With Me." The focus for the 2018-2019 school year will be to promote kindness and acceptance of all students and staff. In order for our students to achieve academically, they must first have a strong foundation in social and emotional well being.
- Breakfast service begins at 7:30am. Students are not allowed on campus before that time.
- Breakfast is served until 8:00am!
- Breakfast and Lunch are free for all Saturn students.
If students arrive between 7:30 and 8:00 they should report directly to class or breakfast.
If students arrive after 8:10, a parent is REQUIRED to come into the front office to sign them in. Students will receive a tardy pass for their teacher.
Students may be checked-out from school by an approved adult until 2:00pm. No check-outs will be processed after 2:00pm due to dismissal procedures.
Cars may enter the north car loop.
*Note - cars are not permitted to pick up students in the south bus loop.
- Bike Riders, Car Riders, Bus Riders, Walkers and School Aged Child Care students dismissed.
- School busses park in the South Loop.
- Day care vans park in the South Loop behind the school busses.
- Regular school attendance is one of the most important factors in a student’s academic success. Please be aware of the Brevard Public Schools attendance policy, which states, “A student who is absent for more than 9 days, or 4 days for schools on a block schedule, within a semester, will not receive a passing grade for the semester.” A student who is absent for 10 days will be turned over to the Truant Officer.
- Students must be in class for a minimum of 4 academic hours in order to be counted present for
- the day.
- Absences due to a Doctor or Court appointment or a religious holiday will not be counted if appropriate
- documents are provided.
Please click here for the District attendance policy.
2018-19 Saturn Report Card - DOE
Saturn’s 2018-2019 School Report Card Notification is available to access via the link below. A copy can be found in Saturn’s Title I Parent Engagement Notebook located in the front office. If you would like a copy of Saturn’s School Report Card Notification and or the report translated, please contact the front office at 321-633-3535. The Report card may be found HERE. The link is also located in the section to the right under Useful Links.
Se puede acceder a la Notificación de Boleta de Calificaciones Escolares 2018-2019 de Saturno a través del siguiente enlace. Se puede encontrar una copia en el Cuaderno de Compromiso de Padres Título I de Saturno ubicado en la oficina principal. Si desea una copia de la Notificación de Boleta de Calificaciones de la Escuela de Saturno o el informe traducido, comuníquese con la oficina principal al 321-633-3535. El boletín de calificaciones se puede encontrar AQUÍ. El enlace también se encuentra en la sección a la derecha debajo de Enlaces útiles. https://edudata.fldoe.org/ReportCards/Schools.html?school=1131&district=05
Saturn Elementary School
880 N. Range Road
Cocoa, FL 32926
321 633-3535 phone
321 633-3539 fax
Principal: Ms. Kori Hurst
Webmaster: Sheryl Awtonomow or Elizabeth Wareham
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
7:45 - 2:30
7:45 - 1:15
Front Office Hours (Mon-Fri):
7:30 - 3:00