Re-Enrollment Process: "Registering" for 2023-24 school year.
**Beginning this year: Re-enrollment for all current 7th and 8th grade Hoover students will be the responsibility of HMS staff to review for accuracy and completeness.
The process to complete re-enrollment will take place through focus. In order to re-enroll your student access to the Focus parent portal is necessary. If you do not have this information, please contact Ms. Thompson in the front office.
Below are resources to provide support through the new re-enrollment process:
Step-by-step directions: https://bit.ly/BPSreenrollment
Video directions: https://bit.ly/FocusRe-Enroll
To allow time for appropriate review, please complete Re-enrollment by: Friday, June 23, 2023.
If you accepted a seat through an ELO option, and your student plans to attend any school other than their zoned school. Or, if your family plans to transfer out of County or to a charter, private, or home school option prior to the start of next school year, please notify Mrs.
If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Ralphs:
Phone: 321-727-1611 Ext: 32005
Additional Documentation Needed: All incoming students must complete documents below:
- 7th Grade Course Request Card 23-24 -will open as pdf document in a new window
- 8th Grade Course Request Card 23-24 -will open as pdf document in a new window
- Bus Request Form - complete ONLY if your child is changing schools for the 2022-23 school year, including moving from elementary school to middle school, or did not ride a bus during the previous school year.
Elective Applications: Completion is only necessary if requesting a specific course.
- Elective Course Summaries 23-234
- Science Research Application 23-24
- T.V. Production Application 23-24
- Yearbook Application 23-24
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED TO ENROLL A STUDENT AT A FLORIDA SCHOOL:
- Proof of age. A certified birth certificate for US citizens may be requested online at: https://www.floridahealth.gov/certificates/certificates/birth/_documents/DH726-birth-app-12-9-2022.pdf. If a birth certificate is not available, refer to 1003.21, FS, for other acceptable documentation.
- A Florida Certificate of immunization, Form 680 (blue card), is completed by a Florida physician or by a Florida county health department. Parents should obtain a copy of their child's complete immunization history before leaving their current residence, as this form is not available to the general public. Information on Florida school immunization requirements is available at https://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/childrens-health/school-health/enrollment.html.
- Evidence of a medical exam completed no less than 12 months prior to the child's school entry date. As long as the medical exam meets the 12-month requirement, parents may submit this information on the School-Entry Health Exam Form DH3040 or provide a copy of the exam obtained from their current physician before moving to Florida.
- Official documentation shows that the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is a resident(s)of the school district attendance area. If you are unsure which school your child should attend, please click the link below:
PROOF OF RESIDENCY INFORMATION
The registering parent/legal guardian is required to provide two (2) proofs of verification of residence at registration each year. Proof of residence will include one from each of the following tiers:
- A current driver's license (F.S.322.19(2) requires that you update your address information on your driver's license within ten (10) days of moving.
- A current Purchase Contract with expected closing date within 90 days of school or warranty/deed.
- A lease/Rental Agreement with your name as the renter.
- Current utility statement within the last 30-45 days.
- Florida Voter Registration Card.
- Florida Vehicle Registration or Title.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days.
- Medical or health card with current address listed.
- Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill.
- Current automobile insurance policy or bill.
- A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a half-way house confirms that they receive mail.
For families who may be sharing housing by choice, there is a Shared Tenancy Affidavit that must be completed in order for the student to enroll and register for school. For students who may be living temporarily with another family, the in-loco parentis form has been updated to reflect a maximum of 30 days. The form may not be used in lieu of the district's ELO and EPO request process to gain admittance into a school outside of the student's zoned school.