Welcome to Academics
Melbourne HS - an International Baccalaureate World School hosting both the IB Diploma Program and IB Career Program
The following academic programs are available at Melbourne High School:
- Over 20 classes are offered in the subjects of History, Government, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Calculus, Statistics, English Language, English Literature, Computer Science, and Art.
Career and Technical Education
- Certification opportunities in Applied Engineering, Digital Design, International Business, Environmental Science, Certified Nursing Assistant, Culinary, Cybersecurity, and Building Construction Tech.
Collegiate High School
- An invitation-only program for students with qualifying GPA’s. Students have the opportunity to earn an AA College Degree and High School Diploma simultaneously by taking dual enrollment and high school classes from 10th – 12th grade. Maintained GPA and test score requirements.
- Two local colleges, Eastern Florida State College and Florida Institute of Technology, provide the opportunity for qualified students to take college courses and receive both high school and college credit. Requires a qualifying GPA and appropriate test scores.
International Baccalaureate Career Program
- The Career Program provides juniors and seniors students enrolled in a CTE program at Melbourne High School purposeful curriculum engaging in both academic and career/technical studies.
- Students in the Career Program graduate high school with a Florida High School Diploma, an International Baccalaureate Certificate, a portfolio showcasing career and/or college preparedness in ethical decision making/foreign language development/service learning/internship, as well as a global perspective of the world.
- NOTE: a school-based application is required.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
- Academically challenging two-year curriculum, 24 courses available leading to an internationally recognized diploma accepted by leading universities around the world. The International Baccalaureate program meets standards for the highest academic rigor required of any high school program in the world.
- Students learn to write at university level, think through critical analysis, and develop a worldly appreciation for learning.
- NOTE: a district application is required.