Welcome to Athletics
Mr. Solis was born in Madrid, Spain and moved to the United States. He was raised in Hampton, Va. He attended Kecoughtan High School, where he graduated with Highest Honors, and played Football and Baseball. He later attended Ferrum College where he played Baseball, then transferred and graduated from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va, with a Bachelors Degree in Spanish. He moved to Florida in 2004 where he began his teaching career as a Spanish Teacher at Space Coast Jr/Sr High School. This is his 16th year at Space Coast. He taught Spanish for 9 years, and is currently in his 7th year as the Athletic Director and Student Activities Coordinator. While at Space Coast he has coached multiple sports, Freshman and J.V. Assistant Football Coach, Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach, J.V. Head Baseball Coach, Assistant Varsity Baseball Coach, and Varsity Head Baseball Coach. He took his Baseball team to the Regional playoffs for the first time in school history, which started a streak of a 4 year Regional playoff trips, and a District Championship.
The Space Coast Jr/Sr High School Athletic Program strives to develop a well rounded student-athlete. We view interscholastic athletics as an extension of the classroom where life-lessons are learned. Sportsmanship, scholarship and physical development are promoted and developed through a wide variety and level of interscholastic sports.
Student- Athlete Standards
- Maintain academic and scholastic eligibility according to SCHS and FHSAA policies.
- Display behavior that will add to the good name of the Space Coast Jr/Sr High Athletic Department.
- Maintain good school and community relations.
- Comply with all school rules and policies without hesitation.
- Take a leadership role in demonstrating good sportsmanship at all times.
- Dress appropriately at all times. All student- athletes are expected to follow their coach’s guidelines on dress.
- Follow any additional team specific standards.