CHS Student Dress Code
The responsibility for the dress and appearance of each student properly rests with the student and his/her parent/guardian(s). The dress code is subject to the discretion of the school administration.
The following represents a minimum dress standard for all students to follow:
- Garments must be of a length and fit that are suitable to the build and stature of the student and must not expose undergarments or be otherwise immodest. (Examples include sheer or see-through tops, crop tops, short shorts, low cut shorts or jeans/pants).
- Strapless garments are prohibited. Tube tops and halter tops are prohibited. Straps of permitted garments must be a minimum of 1 ½ inches in width.
- Necklines of all upper garments must be modest. Low cut necklines are prohibited.
- Clothing, jewelry, and accessories shall not convey messages that are: crude; vulgar/profane; violent/death-oriented (Gothic); gang related; sexually suggestive, and/or promoting weapons, alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
- Jewelry or accessories that pose a safety concern for the student or others are prohibited. Pierced jewelry may be worn in the ears and students may wear clear plastic spacers or retainers in facial piercings. Band-aids cannot cover piercings. Dog collars, wallet chains, hair picks, or chains that connect one body part to another are prohibited.
- Sunglasses may be worn in the outside areas only.
- Hats, beanies, curlers, scarves, bandannas, and sweat bands are not to be worn in buildings or outside in hallways.