Surfside Clubs 2023-24
Surfside Elementary offers a variety of clubs, which meet regularly, before and/or after school hours. Our teachers sponsor these extra activities and many are available to all grade levels. Please check with the Panther Den for additional opportunities for students enrolled in our before and after school child care program.
• Book Bash (Mrs. Herman) - Book Bash is a competition celebrating the current year’s Sunshine State Book award winners. Beginning in January, students will meet weekly in the Media Center to prepare for this exciting competition.
• Morning Mile – (Coach Lyons) - The Morning Mile is a before-school walking/running program that gives children a chance to start the day in an active way while enjoying fun, music and friends. Students earn shoe charms based on the amount of miles they run/walk. We meet every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 7:15-7:45 a.m. All grades are welcome.
• Panther News (Mrs. Herman) - Panther News provides daily school information to students, faculty and staff. The crew is chosen during the first weeks of school and rotates weekly to gain experiences in the different aspects of news production.
• Panther Pride Dance Team (Mrs. Rozycki) - This is an after school club consisting of 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. The purpose of Panther Pride Dance Team is to promote school spirit and teamwork while learning the basics of dance. Members will represent Surfside at functions both in school and out. Practice will be every Tuesday from 2:45p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
• Running Club (Coach Lyons) – Panther Pacers is an after school running program that gives children the opportunity to work on their running technique, endurance, speed and overall physical fitness. Runners of all stages are encouraged to join. We meet every Wednesday afternoon from 2:45-3:45 p.m. All grades are welcome.
• Safety Patrols (Coach Lyons) – Safety Patrol is an application based every May for the following school year. Safety Patrol members are responsible for keeping their fellow classmates and school safe. They also learn lifelong lessons of responsibility, leadership, and good citizenship. Posts are manned from 7:45-8:10 a.m. and 2:40-3:00 p.m. Students in grades 4-6 are welcome to apply.
• Surfside Singers (Mrs. Sinander) - Chorus is an after-school group for students in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. We meet on Thursdays from 2:45-3:25 p.m. Students learn vocal techniques and performance skills. Throughout the year we have fun filled and exciting concerts at school and throughout the community.