EPO Open Enrollment
Jan 6 to Feb 28, 2020
EPO Open Enrollment
- New IB Applications
- Renewal Applications (for present students that live outside of CBHS school zone)
Link to Application below - via “Family Dashboard”
IB Application Requirements
- Complete on-line Application via EIC’s Family Dashboard
- Request 2 Teacher Recommendations & have them send completed forms to CBHS/IB (link to forms below)
- Submit Student essay to CBHS/IB addressing, in general, the following: Why am I interested in the IB programme, what I hope to learn from the programme, and how do I think it will help me to be a better student and person.
Welcome to International Baccalaureate Programmes
IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes
Benefits of Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr International Baccalaurate Programme
- Students earning the IB Diploma get 100% Bright Futures (worth about $40,000)
- On average 90% of our IB students earn an IB Diploma.
- We ranked 26th out of 921 IB Schools in the USA. https://www.ranker.com/list/top-us-international-baccalaureate-schools-best-ib-schools/school-buddy
- IB students earn, on average, at least 30 credits and up to 45 credits or more when entering a Florida University.
- IB Graduates report being 110% prepared for university learning.
- Cocoa Beach Junior/Senior High is ranked 39th in the State of Florida.
The International Baccalaureate Programme offers four high quality educational programmes forming a worldwide community of schools. The IB works with more than 4,995 schools in 143 countries. There are 1,774 IB World Schools in the United States implementing 2, 179 programmes. There are 572 Primary Years Programmes (PYP), 648 Middle Years Programmes, (MYP), 106 Career-related Programmes, (CP), and 940 Diploma Programmes, (DP), as of 2018.
The introductory programme is the Primary Years Programme, PYP, which is a whole school educational model for grades Pre-k to 5. The Middle Years Programme, MYP, is a 5 year educational framework designed for grades 6-10 and finally the Diploma Programme offers college level academic curriculum for grades 11 and 12. Students graduating from the Diploma Programme earn on average 30 credits when entering Florida Universities. Currently, only 24 schools in North America and the Caribbean offer the entire IB continuum; Freedom 7 and Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School being one of them. All three programmes offer a comprehensive, research-based curriculum, aligned with rigorous international standards, aimed at developing life-long learners with 21st century skills. Cocoa Beach Jr/Sr High School is proud to offer the International Baccalaureate's Middle Years Programme for students in grades 7-10 and the Diploma Programme for Juniors and Seniors.
Cocoa Beach students exhibit the IB Learner Profile Traits
They develop their natural curiosity. They acquire the skills necessary to conduct inquiry and research and show independence in learning. They actively enjoy learning and this love of learning will be sustained throughout their lives.
They explore concepts, ideas and issues that have local and global significance. In so doing, they acquire in-depth knowledge and develop understanding across a broad and balanced range of disciplines.
They exercise initiative in applying thinking skills critically and creatively to recognize and approach complex problems, and make reasoned, ethical decisions.
They understand and express ideas and information confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. They work effectively and willingly in collaboration with others.
They act with integrity and honesty, with a strong sense of fairness, justice and respect for the dignity of the individual, groups and communities. They take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that accompany them.
They understand and appreciate their own cultures and personal histories, and are open to the perspectives, values and traditions of other individuals and communities. They are accustomed to seeking and evaluating a range of points of view, and are willing to grow from the experience.
They show empathy, compassion and respect towards the needs and feelings of others. They have a personal commitment to service, and act to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment.
They approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought, and have the independence of spirit to explore new roles, ideas and strategies. They are brave and articulate in defending their beliefs.
They understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal well-being for themselves and others.
They give thoughtful consideration to their own learning and experience. They are able to assess and understand their strengths and limitations in order to support their learning and personal development.
- 01/23/2020 - IB Open House 6pm-8pm
- 01/30/2020 - Counselor Night
- 02/25/2020 - Personal Project Showcase
- May 2020 - IB Assessments
- 05/22/2020 - CBHS Graduation 6:30pm