Welcome to Safety Patrol!
Students apply to serve our school from grades 5 and 6. Students will be presented with related information in August and applications will be distributed at that time to interested students. Feel free to explore the items to the right on this page under Contents and Links to learn more!
Role of the School Safety Patrol
Patrollers direct children, not traffic. As school-age leaders in traffic safety, patrol members teach other students about traffic safety on a peer-to-peer basis. They also serve as models for younger children, who look up to them.
- Safety awareness.
- Leadership skills.
- Citizenship and community service.
- Respect for law enforcement.
Our school will benefit, too, as you help promote:
- Peer-to-peer communication.
- Character-building opportunities through modeling of the PYP Learner Profile
- A constructive outlet for student energy.
Taking My Duties Seriously
- Look, act and be alert.
- Report for duty on time.
- Always set a good example. Know and practice safe walking tips.
- Never stop vehicles.
- Perform your patrol duties faithfully.
- Be neat and clean while on duty.
- Be dependable and trustworthy.
- Be courteous and polite at all times.
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Wear your belt and badge proudly.
- Remind classmates of safe walking rules without being bossy.
- Give correct crossing signals to classmates.
- Obey rules of the patrol, school and home.