Phone: 321-242-4730 ext. 3007
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Agnes Alicka R.N.
Florida Statutes 1006.062
Brevard County School Board
- A separate Permission form must be completed for EACH medication given at school. Forms MUST be signed by the parent/guardian every year and given to the clinic nurse.
- When completing Permission forms, please make sure that your instructions match the pharmacy label or manufacturer label.
- Clinic staff will not accept a medication if the label has been altered in any way. Please DO NOT write on the pharmacy label.
- All medications must be in the ORIGINAL CONTAINER with the manufacturer or pharmacy label in place. The medication must have a valid expiration date and the prescription must be current.
- Medication in baggies will NOT be accepted or administered. This includes cough drops and over-the-counter (OTC) medications.
- All medication will be counted upon arrival at school. The parent/guardian will initial to verify that the count is correct.
- FOR YOUR LEGAL PROTECTION, PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILD TO TRANSPORT ANY MEDICATION TO/FROM SCHOOL.
- OTC medications will remain in the clinic for 10 days, then, discarded. Age-appropriate doses will be given as directed by the manufacturer’s label. If a longer time period or a dose change is needed, written physician authorization is required.
THIS MEDICATION POLICY IS TO ENSURE THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ALL STUDENTS. MEDICATION WILL ONLY BE ADMINISTERED WHEN FOLLOWING PROPER PROCEDURES. CALL THE CLINIC IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, 321-242-4730 EXTENSION 3007