Welcome to the Viera High School Chapter of National BETA Club!
Achievement | Character | Leadership | Service
Faculty Advisors: David Formanek and Suzanne O'Neill
**WELCOME 2019 - 2020 MEMBERS!**
National BETA Club is a service-learning organization, with an emphasis on developing strong leadership skills and comittment to serve the community. Our motto is to Lead by Serving Others. Membership at Viera High School is open to all 10th - 12th grade students with a 3.0 GPA (cumulative, unweighted). Students are invited to apply each Spring, and the Induction Ceremony is held in the Fall.
Member Requirements (summary)
- Maintain 3.0 or higher GPA (cumulative, unweighted).
- NO detentions or referrals;
- Adhere to VHS Non-Negotiables;
- Act with honesty and integrity.
- Serve as Team Leader or Project Manager for a least one service project;
- Attend at least four (4) meetings per semester.
- 30 hours per school year (August - May); or
- 15 hours per semester.
Hours Log Deadline (2018-19 members only)
- Class of 2019: Friday, May 10, 2019
- Class of 2020: Friday, May 17, 2019
- Class of 2021: Friday, May 24, 2019
Don't wait until the last-minute to get your hours in! We will take these logs at any point before your "Class of" deadline.
Every Friday (8:00 AM - 8:30 AM) in room 4209.
Club and Membership Information
News, announcements, the event calendar and more are available on Team App. Follow the instructions to download and signup.
This is a list of community and school-based projects and organizations our members have worked on during the 2018-19 school year. You are not limited to these projects and groups. Students are encouraged to submit a project proposal for any project or community organization they want to lead. Proposals are reviewed by faculty advisors and approved by Club Officers.