Welcome to Viera High School's Chapter of National BETA Club!
Achievement | Character | Leadership | Service
Faculty Advisor: David Formanek
Faculty Email: email@example.com
**WELCOME NEW and EXISTING MEMBERS!**
** CLUB ACTIVITIES ON HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE **
For volunteer and service-learning projects outside BETA Club, please visit JustServe.org and VolunteerMatch.org.
National BETA Club is a service-learning organization, with an emphasis on developing strong leadership skills and a comittment to serve the community. Our motto is to Lead by Serving Others. Membership at Viera High School is open to all 10th - 12th grade students with a minimum 3.0 GPA (cumulative, unweighted). Students are invited to apply each Spring, and the Induction Ceremony is held in the Fall.
2020 - 2021 Officers
Amy Dukeshire, Co-President, Activities
Maurice Kodsi, Co-President, Membership
TBD, Vice President
TBD, Historian - Documentarian
TBD, Historian - Social Media
Member Requirements (summary)
- Maintain 3.0 or higher GPA (cumulative, unweighted).
- NO detentions or referrals; AND
- Adhere to Viera High School Non-Negotiables; AND
- Brevard Public School's Student Code of Conduct; AND
- Act with honesty, integrity; AND
- Exhibit respect for self and others.
- Serve as Team Leader or Project Manager for a least one service project; OR
- Serve as an elected or appointed Club Officer; AND
- Attend at least four (4) General Membership meetings per semester.
- 30 hours per school year (August - May); OR
- 15 hours per semester. (August - December & January - May)
Hours Log Deadline (2020 - 21 members only)
- Class of 2021: Friday, May 14, 2021
- Class of 2022: Friday, May 21, 2021
- Class of 2023: Friday, May 28, 2021
Don't wait until the last-minute to turn your hours into Mr. F and the guidance office! Also, keep a copy for your records.
General membership meetings are held TBD.
Additionally, members participating in specific service projects will meet as needed to accommodate planning, organizing, and completion of each project. Meeting location(s), day(s) and time(s) must be prearranged, included on project proposals, and receive approval from faculty advisors. Advisors reserve the right to attend these meetings with or without notice.
Club Membership Information
**Stay tuned for important news, announcements and updates!**
This is a list of community and school-based projects and organizations our members have worked on during the 2018-19 school year. You are not limited to these projects and groups. Students are encouraged to submit a project proposal for any project or community organization they want to lead. Proposals are reviewed by faculty advisors and approved by Club Officers.