Welcome to the Viera High School Chapter of National BETA Club!
Achievement | Character | Leadership | Service
Faculty Advisors: David Formanek and Suzanne O'Neill
**WELCOME 2019 - 2020 MEMBERS!**
National BETA Club is a service-learning organization, with an emphasis on developing strong leadership skills and comittment to serve the community. Our motto is to Lead by Serving Others. Membership at Viera High School is open to all 10th - 12th grade students with a minimum 3.0 GPA (cumulative, unweighted). Students are invited to apply each Spring, and the Induction Ceremony is held in the Fall.
2019 - 2020 Officers
Gina Denton, President
Jazmine Moy, V.P., Activities
Derrick Dawkins, V.P., Membership
TBA, Historian - Documentry
TBA, Historian - Social Media
Member Requirements (summary)
- Maintain 3.0 or higher GPA (cumulative, unweighted).
- NO detentions or referrals; AND
- Adhere to Viera High School Non-Negotiables; AND
- Brevard Public School's Student Code of Conduct; AND
- Act with honesty, integrity, and exhibt respect for self and others.
- Serve as Team Leader or Project Manager for a least one service project; OR
- Serve as an elected or appointed Club Officer; AND
- Attend at least four (4) General Membership meetings per semester.
- 30 hours per school year (August - May); OR
- 15 hours per semester. (August - December & January - May)
Hours Log Deadline (2019-20 members only)
- Class of 2020: Friday, May 08, 2020
- Class of 2021: Friday, May 15, 2020
- Class of 2022: Friday, May 22, 2020
Don't wait until the last-minute to get your hours in! We will take these logs at any point before your "Class of" deadline.
General membership meetings are held the 2nd Tuesday each month (3:45 PM - 4:45 PM) in the Auditorium.
Aditionally, members participating in specific service projects will meet as needed, to accommodate planning, organizing, and the successful completion of each project. Meeting location(s), day(s) and time(s) must be prearranged, included on project proposals, and be approved by faculty advisors. Advisors reserve the right to attend these meetings with or without notice.
Club and Membership Information
News, announcements, the event calendar, and more are available on Team App. Follow the instructions to download and signup.
This is a list of community and school-based projects and organizations our members have worked on during the 2018-19 school year. You are not limited to these projects and groups. Students are encouraged to submit a project proposal for any project or community organization they want to lead. Proposals are reviewed by faculty advisors and approved by Club Officers.