Registration Process for Summer/Fall:
Student works with the high school counselor to select dual enrollment course(s) - watch the three posted videos following this list to help with choosing your classes.
High school counselor completes the Dual Enrollment Registration Form including the counselor and principal signature lines. (either electronic or “typed”)
High school Counselor emails the completed Dual Enrollment Registration Form to the student along with Lisa Topolinski's email address.
Student and parent fill in the signature lines on the Dual Enrollment Registration Form. (Signatures can be typed or scanned into the document)
Student must also fill out the Add/Drop Planning Form (click here) including the CRN, Course Subject, Course Number, Section, and Course Title. The student’s signature is required on the front and on the back of the form. (If the student has questions, the student should email Lisa Topolinski at email@example.com)
Student needs to save both the Dual Enrollment Registration Form and the completed Add/Drop Planning Form to upload into the EFSC Document Dropbox.
Student sends both the Dual Enrollment Registration Form and the Add/Drop Planning Form to EFSC to register by using the Student Document Dropbox.
To access the Drop box, the student begins by logging into myEFSC, then to Student Document Dropbox in the middle of the page. Select the Send to drop down box and select Advising >click Upload.
The EFSC advisor will register the student into the selected courses and will send a confirmation email to the student’s Titan email address with course information. The EFSC advisor will copy the high school counselor on the student’s email.
If selected course or alternatives are not available, or there is missing information, the EFSC advisor will contact the student via his/her Titan email, or by phone. The EFSC advisor will be unable to register the student until the issue is resolved. It is the student’s responsibility to check his/her Titan email and voicemail.
If students want a copy of their schedule, they may print a copy by logging into my EFSC, select EFSC Titan Web > Student Services > Registration > Student Detail Schedule or Student Schedule by Day and Time
- To get your books, you must send an email to Lelle.Erin@BrevardSchools.org (and cc: Broome.Megan@Brevardschools.org) that includes:
- A screenshot of your schedule
- Your first and last name
- Your home address (include zip code and apartment number if applicable)
- Your email address
- Your EFSC B#
Students should contact the Titusville Campus EFSC Advisor, Lisa Topolinski, at firstname.lastname@example.org with registration questions (after the Registration Form has been received).
First Day BOOKS!!!! Click here for First Day questions!
For more information, please reach out to your AHS School Counselor. Office Hours and contact information is available at the top of this page under > Academics > Guidance > COVID-19 Response Plan.
PERT Testing for Dual Enrollment
PERT (Postsecondary Educational Readiness Test) for Dual Enrollment students:
- EFSC will administer the PERT once per calendar year (12 month period) at no charge to eligible high school students for the purpose of dual enrollment.
- If college-ready scores are not achieved and a retest is desired, students may retest twice within the 12-month period in the subject area (Writing, Reading, Math).
- There is a retest fee of $10 per subject area.
- Students must wait at least 30 days between testing administrations.
- If college-ready scores are not achieved after two restests, the student may repeat the PERT one calendar year from the initial test at no cost.
- Testing is available to students in the 2nd semester of 9th grade through the 1st semester of 12th grade.
- Students should make an appointment to test by calling 433-5418.
- Everyone must present a photo ID with name, photo, and signature. Students without a government issued ID, may use the College Board or ACT ID template. http://sat.collegeboard.org/SAT/public/pdf/student-id-form-2013-14.pdf