How to Enroll Part-Time
Home Education students may access courses offered by the Brevard Virtual School franchise of Florida Virtual School (FLVS) or from FLVS directly. To sign up for courses, follow the steps below:
1. Access and review the district's home education website.
2. Submit an original copy of the Notice of Intent. You can use the form located at the bottom of the district's home education website. This form must be sent in via US Mail or dropped off, it cannot be faxed or emailed (address is located at the bottom of the form).
3. Register your student(s) online. Click here for step-by-step directions.
4. When asked to identify your child's Physical School, select "Home Schooled Brevard".
5. Select your desired courses and identify the Brevard Franchise for your virtual school provider.
6. Create a Guardian Profile which will allow you to approve courses and monitor your student's progress. This is a requirement for home education families. (click here to be taken to the FLVS webpage to learn more about this process.)
7. Log into your Guardian Account and approve the course requests for your student. Your student cannot be placed with teachers until this step is completed.Complete any additional steps as indicated in your parent/guardian account (such as home ed verification and/or proof of residency).
8. Once your Notice of Intent is processed by Brevard Public Schools, you will receive a letter of confirmation by mail (titled Home Education Program Verification Letter). Maintain this letter for your records.
Brevard Virtual's Guidance Counselors will gladly assist home education families in selecting BVS courses.
Call us at 321-350-8600
FLVS Home School Information and Resources
FLVS also supports home education families.
Click here to learn more.Do you need help?
Contact the FLVS customer service center:
1-800-374-1430 or 407-513-3587
FLVS Toll Free Tech Support - 1-866-322-8324
Contact the FLVS guidance counselor assigned to Brevard County:
Christi McMellon - 407-513-3510