2020-2021 Electronic Registration for Students Who Are New To Coquina Elementary
INSTRUCTIONS: Please gather the following documents to present to Coquina in order to register a student new to Brevard Public schools. As a reminder, to enter kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before September 1. To enter first grade, children must be 6 years old on or before September 1.
- Download and complete the Registration Packet by saving it as your student’s last name.first name.
For example, if your child’s name is John Smith, you would save your document to your desktop as SMITH.JOHN. ALWAYS DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENT FIRST - IF YOU FILL IT OUT DIRECTLY FROM AN EMAIL OR FROM THE INTERNET, YOU WILL LOSE ALL YOUR INFORMATION.
You may print this document or email to: CoquinaElementary@Brevardschools.org
- Next for First Time Entry - the following documentation is required:
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Immunizations on Department of Health Form 680, which can be obtained at one of the Department of Health locations: Titusville Clinic, 611 Singleton Ave, Titusville; Viera Clinic 2555 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera; and Melbourne Clinic, 601 E. University Boulevard, Melbourne.
- Proof of physical examination by a U.S. doctor within the last year. If documentation cannot be provided, a physical examination must be scheduled within *thirty (30) days. *Please note that thirty (30) days is not extended to PreK and Kindergarten students.
You must contact Coquina at 321-264-3060 between the hours of 7 to 3:30 to make an appointment to bring ALL documents to Coquina to register your student. (If you emailed the registration packet, we will have it printed for your appointment.
At a date to be determined in early August, you will return to Coquina to finalize your student registration and obtain their class assignments. At that time, you must also bring:
Proof of your residence with one (1) of the following from each tier:
- Current driver license (Section 322.19(2), F.S. requires that you update your address information on your driver’s license within thirty (30) calendar days of moving) OR
- Current Homestead Exemption Card or Purchase Contract (with expected closing date within ninety (90) days of school) or Warranty Deed OR
- Lease/rental agreement (with your name as the renter).
- Current utilities statement (within the last 30-45 days) OR
- Florida Voter Registration Card OR
- Florida Vehicle Registration or Title OR
- A utility hook up or work order dated within 60 days OR
- Medical or health card with address listed OR
- Current homeowner’s insurance policy or bill OR
- Current automobile insurance policy or bill OR
- A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider, or a halfway house verifying you receive mail at that address.
Verification of Legal Guardianship – If you are not the legal guardian or residential custodial parent of a student, Brevard Public Schools’ procedures require that one of the following documents be provided for enrollment:
- Court custody documentation (must include divorce decree and parenting plan signed by a judge) OR
- Educational Power of Attorney – Please utilize Brevard Public Schools’ Educational Power of Attorney form available from the school OR
- Educational Guardianship Affidavit – Please utilize Brevard Public Schools’ Educational Guardianship Affidavit Form. This form will be accepted only when parents or custodial parent lives outside Brevard County, Florida and adjacent counties. OR
- Department of Children and Families placement letter.
WELCOME TO COQUINA - WE ARE GLAD YOU ARE HERE!
Blair Lovelace, Principal