Return to Headlines

Additional Information and Two Proofs of Residence


Proof of age.

A certified birth certificate for US citizens may be requested online at:

If a birth certificate is not available, refer to 1003.21, FS, for other acceptable documentation.

A Florida Certificate of immunization, Form 680 (blue card), is completed by a Florida physician or by a Florida county health department. Parents should obtain a copy of their child's complete immunization history before leaving their current residence, as this form is not available to the general public. Information on Florida school immunization requirements is available at

Evidence of a medical exam completed no less than 12 months prior to the child's school entry date. As long as the medical exam meets the 12-month requirement, parents may submit this information on the School-Entry Health Exam Form DH3040 or provide a copy of the exam obtained from their current physician before moving to Florida. Official documentation shows that the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) is a resident(s)of the school district attendance area. If you are unsure which school your child should attend, please click the link below:

The registering parent/legal guardian is required to provide two (2) proofs of verification of residence at registration each year.

Proof of residence will include one from each of the following tiers:


A current driver's license (F.S.322.19(2) requires that you update your address information on your driver's license within ten (10) days of moving.

A current Purchase Contract with expected closing date within 90 days of school or warranty/deed.

A lease/Rental Agreement with your name as the renter.


Current utility statement within the last 30-45 days.

Florida Voter Registration Card. Florida Vehicle Registration or Title.

A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days.

Medical or health card with current address listed.

Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill.

Current automobile insurance policy or bill. A letter from a homeless shelter, transitional service provider or a half-way house confirms that they receive mail.

For families who may be sharing housing by choice, there is a Shared Tenancy Affidavit that must be completed in order for the student to enroll and register for school.

For students who may be living temporarily with another family, the in-loco parentis form has been updated to reflect a maximum of 30 days. The form may not be used in lieu of the district's ELO and EPO request process to gain admittance into a school outside of the student's zoned school.