Return to Headlines

BPS to Participate in the Community Eligibility Provision under National Program

news release

July 29, 2019

Media contact: 

Matt Reed, PIO/Assistant superintendent



School Board of Brevard County to Participate in the Community Eligibility Provision under the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs

VIERA, FL: The School Board of Brevard County once again is participating in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) under the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs.  All students will be served breakfast and lunch at no charge under the Community Eligibility Provision at the following sites:

  • Cambridge Elementary
  • Endeavour Elementary
  • Golfview Elementary
  • Fairglen Elementary
  • Saturn Elementary
  • South Area Head Start


For additional information please contact: Kevin Thornton, Director of Food and Nutrition Services, 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL  32940, (321)633-1000 ext. 11690.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


mail:     U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

fax:     (202) 690-7442; or



This institution is an equal opportunity provider.