Brevard Public Schools and Local 1010 Union Agree on Tentative Contract
Viera, FL -- Brevard Public Schools (BPS) has agreed to a new contract with the union for support staff, Local 1010 of the International Union of Painters & Allied Trades.
The agreement will see eligible 1010 members receive a raise of 4.2%.
During the negotiating sessions, BPS and Local 1010 also agreed to:
- $1,000 one-time payment to Head Custodians who moved to $15.00/hour under the implementation of the new state law on minimum wage and are making the same amount as those they supervise.
- Ten days of Parental Leave for new parents.
- Various food service language changes.
- An increase in insurance premiums.
- Intentional effort to keep Local 1010 employees informed about insurance premiums and offerings. That process has already begun with information on health and wellness available here: https://bit.ly/3BLg15W.
Next Steps: 1010 employees will vote to ratify the agreement in early October and then the school board would vote to approve the contract.