Message from Mrs. Adams
Hello Imperial Families,
We are looking forward to beginning this school year! It is our year to Level Up!
We have been working diligently to take extra precautions for the health and safety as our students and staff return to school.
These are some of the extra measures we have put into place:
- Both outdoor and indoor hallways have been marked to show 6 feet apart for social distancing.
- Classrooms have PPE for students and staff (face coverings, hand sanitizer, soap, disinfectant)
- High-touch areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
- In our cafeteria, we now have two students sitting at each bench, and each bench is spaced away from the next bench and they are all facing the same direction. Additional seating has been added to our patio area and an unoccupied classroom for breakfast and lunch so we may space out students.
- We will be following the district-approved face covering guidelines throughout the day.
- Students will need to wear their masks when social distancing isn’t possible; which may include arrival and dismissal times and in some of our classrooms.
- Classroom desks are separate from one another and are facing the same direction.
Student arrival begins at 7:30 a.m. for all students; our campus is not open prior to that time unless your child is enrolled in our Brevard After School program with Ms. Shawna. Bikers and walkers are not to arrive until 7:30 a.m. Car riders must arrive after 7:30 a.m.
Class starts at 8am. Unfortunately, visitors/volunteers are not permitted on campus this 1st quarter. If you walk your child to school, please say your goodbyes at the perimeter gate where our staff will greet you and your child. Staff members are intentionally placed throughout the campus to supervise and assist students. All staff members will be assisting students to their classrooms especially the first day of school.
If you drive your student to school, please do not park and walk them to the front; just stay in your vehicle and utilize the car loop for drop off.
Our Kindergarten and Prek teachers will meet you in the car loop, especially in the beginning.
Dismissal begins at 2:30 Monday-Thursday, and 1:15 on Fridays as they are early release days.
Dismissal may take longer than usual because we will be staggering when students leave the classroom to avoid congestion in the hallways. Car dismissal will begin at approximately 2:40 p.m. Be sure to bring your ID and have your car tag with your child’s name and grade level visible so that staff can call for them and keep the car line moving.
It is important for us to have your most current contact information. Please make sure the front office is kept updated as soon as phone numbers and email addresses change.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and check out our website for updated information!
If you have any questions or concerns, please call our front office M-F 7am-3:30pm 267-1773.
Cynthia Adams, Principal