Changes in Transportation
Changes in Transporation
Changing the way your child goes home (bus, car, walk, Sea Park's after school care or Daycare), MUST be done in writing, in advance for each child. In accordance with the Jessica Lunsford Act - Florida State Statute 1012.468, we cannot relay telephone messages, text messages, emails, etc. to students regarding a change to their afternoon dismissal procedures.
If the regular method of leaving school needs to be changed, the legal parent/guardian must send a signed, dated note to the child's teacher. Only a written statement signed by the legal parent/guardian can be accepted as valid instructions. Include the following information on the note:
- Child’s first & last name
- Teacher’s name
- Date(s) the change will be in effect (single day, week, rest of the year)
- First & last name of the person picking up (if applicable). This person must bring a valid driver’s license or photo ID card and they MUST be listed on the child’s registration formas authorized to pick up. The person that signed the registration formmay add additional pick up names, but this must be done in person.
- Parent/Legal guardian’s first & last name PRINTED
- Parent/Legal guardian’s signature
- Date of the note
- Date or dates the change is for (one day, the week, the rest of the year)
- If someone other than the parent or guardian will be picking up, they MUST be listed on the student's registration formPRIOR to picking up.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to keep our students safe.