Dual Enrollment: Full-Time
Full-Time Dual Enrollment is a form of dual enrollment through which qualified second-semester seniors may enroll on a full-time basis at Eastern Florida State College instead of enrolling for classes at their high school for the second half of their senior year. Students remain eligible and are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities at their home high school including all senior activities and graduation events. Students must successfully earn sufficient credits to meet high school graduation requirements.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Have completed the 1st semester of the 12th grade
- Counselor-Student-Parent Conference
- Qualifying Test Scores (PERT, SAT, or ACT)
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours per semester
- Completion of all required courses for high school graduation with the EXCEPTION of:
- 0.5 high school credit in Social Studies
- 0.5 high school credit in Science and
- Two rigorous course credits as defined in the Secondary Schools of National Prominence initiative
- Complete all other admission requirements
- Attend an Eastern Florida State College Dual Enrollment Orientation
Students are strongly encouraged to work closely and maintain contact with their high school guidance counselor and EFSC Advisor in order to ensure all high school graduation requirements are met. Ultimately, this responsibility rests with the student.
If you are an interested senior and your GPA is below 3.0, you may be able to participate in this program. See your guidance counselor as the course completion requirements differ.