Free and Reduced Lunch Overview


  • The on-line Free and Reduced Lunch Application and the paper application will be available the first week of August.  We are pleased again this year to offer no-cost breakfast to all Brevard County school students, regardless of status.

    For your convenience, the Free and Reduced Lunch application may be completed on-line or printed from the links provided within our website. Please note that our On-Line Application for Free and Reduced web portal is best viewed using Internet Explorer.  Paper applications will also be available at all schools.  Only one Free or Reduced Lunch application is required per family. Completed paper applications may be turned in at any Brevard County school or mailed to Brevard Public Schools, Attention: Food Services, Free & Reduced, 2700 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Viera, FL 32940.

    Students that attended a Brevard County School and participated in the free or reduced lunch program may eat on last year’s free or reduced status for the first 30 days of the school year or until a new lunch application is processed, whichever comes first.

    New students who have a sibling that participated in the Free or Reduced Lunch Program last school year may also eat on their sibling’s prior year status for the first 30 days of the school year or until a new lunch application is processed. Please contact the Office of Food and Nutrition Services at (321) 633-1000 x642 to confirm sibling status.


    Please note: During the first 30 days of the school year the student’s status will change immediately once the new lunch application has been processed.


    Once the Free or Reduced Lunch Application has been approved the benefits begin immediately. However, please note that parents are responsible for the cost of lunch while applications are being processed. The cost of lunch is as follows: $1.80 elementary, $1.90 secondary and $.40 for reduced. Students on the free or reduced lunch program may select a reimbursable meal which is a fruit or vegetable or both, and a choice of up to 3 additional items. The additional items include entree, milk and grains. Only one juice may be selected per meal. The

    Need more info or have questions?  Please contact the Office of Food and Nutrition Services at 321-633-1000 x642 or click here: Tamara Cheek, Free and Reduced Coordinator


    If your household qualifies or free or reduced-priced lunch, your students may be eligible to receive a state-supported scholarship to a private school. The program, called the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship, was created in 2001. Step Up For Students manages the program. The scholarship is based on income and not on the academic performance of the student or public school. The scholarship helps pay tuition at more than 1,500 participating private schools statewide; a separate transportation scholarship is available to attend a public school in another county. For more information, visit their website or call 877-735-7837, or send them an email.

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at this webpage, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:


    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

    fax: (202) 690-7442; or

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.